Peace for All Animals, formerly Peace for Ponies is an animal rescue that nurses animals back to health and adopts them out to loving homes. In business for nine years, we have saved hundreds of animals with a focus on saving donkeys from kill pens.
We are facing a challenge today that we need the communities help with. One of our abutting neighbors resurveyed their land and found that almost half of our farm is on their property. We were unable to negotiate with them to buy the land so as luck would have it, the abutting neighbor on the other side offered the use of their property. Deemed unbuildable due to conservation restrictions they have donated an acre of land for us.
Now we are faced with the challenge of moving barns, fences, chicken coops etc to get the animals situated into their new and improved homes. It is a costly venture which is why we are reaching out to you here on Go Fund Me.
We intend to use the funds for the following improvements:
- New fencing
- Updated and increased electricity and plumbing to the barns and paddocks
- Increased Web Cams so our facebook fans can watch the animals
- Increased paddock space for the animals to move around. We have resident chickens and 1 pig + the donkeys which usually range around 4 or 5 at a time
- An Enclosed area for our tools, equipment and feed supplies
- Winterizing of the barns to keep our friends warm and dry in the harsh New England Winters
- An access road down to the new land
- Planting of privacy hedges as requested by the former owners of the land
Our goal is to continue to have our farm be a haven for people who need to connect back to nature and to help heal them with the interaction of our animals as well as continuing to save our animal friends who fall into disadvantaged situations through no fault of their own.
Our long term goal once all the buildings are in place is to put a yurt up that we can use to build a community of people who want to come learn nature crafts and engage in animal therapy to support their healing processes and well being.
We will be documenting our progress on our face book page, Peace For Ponies and hope that you will join us on our journey and continue to support us!!! Thank you