On New Years Eve my best friend Cody Brethauer and I had just made dinner and gone downstairs to watch a little bit of a movie before bed. We thought we had turned the stove off until about 10 minutes into the movie we heard a popping noise upstairs. Cody rushed up stairs first to find our kitchen on fire and the pan on the stove to be the source. Worried about his family over himself, he grabbed the pan and tried to get it outside hoping to slow the fire and save his family. In the process he suffered burns to his face, chest, left arm and left foot. His family ended up making it out safe thanks to him and the firefighters that showed up on the scene thanks to our neighbor calling 911. Cody's family consists of myself and our 5 cats, Popo a pure black cat with a white patch on his chest, Conker a pure black female and sister to Popo, Luna a small striped tabby, Rudy a large orange and white striped tabby and his best cat buddy Finn who is also a stripped tabby. He is currently at St. Elizabeth hospital in Lincoln, NE and is not expected to be out for 3-4 weeks. After which he will be out of work for longer than that for recovery after being in the hospital. We are seeking aid for the costs of finding new housing (hopefully temporarily while the house is repaired) as well as help with supporting our family while he is out of work. In the photo going from bottom left to bottom right clockwise these are our precious cats Conker, Popo, Finn, Luna and Rudy.
- Mary Grudle
- Talon Ash
- cathy Jager
- Nathon Hood
Fundraising team: Fundraising team (2)