Help Charlie go to Speedcubing World Championships
Charlie Eggins is registered for the 2023 World Speedcubing Championships in Incheon, South Korea! He is currently ranked #2 in the world for single 3x3 blindfolded solve. If you haven't seen him before, here is a taster of him breaking the Oceanic Record and becoming Oceanic Champion for 3x3 Blindfolded solving in Melbourne late last year.
What are the funds contributing towards?
Friends, Family and supporters of Charlie have been asking for ways to support Charlie in his journey to get to worlds, and this goFundMe is one of the ways you can jump on board to help. As you can guess, it isn't cheap to fly and stay internationally, and getting him there is going to need to be a group effort. As a minor, he needs an accompanying adult to travel with him, so the total costs for the family will exceed $5000. This goFundMe is seeking to raise a portion of that. He is so appreciative of the community support he has received in his journey so far and would be super thankful for any amount you would be able to give towards his $2000 fundraising GoFundMe goal.
The $2000 raised will be used towards covering a portion of the costs needing to be spent to get Charlie there and compete.
What are some other ways you can support Charlie?
- Buy some cool speedcubing merch at shop.swiftcubing.com. Each item sold will be part of helping Charlie on his speedcubing journey, but there is a special item in the shop ("The Golden Cheggins") where the purchase price includes an additional donation towards his trip to worlds.
- Subscribe to his socials - YouTube and Instagram as his main ones. This will also help you stay up to date with his progress
- Help get the word out - Share this goFundMe or shop.swiftcubing.com on your socials with a short message of support for Charlie.
Where can I find more information about speedcubing?
- World Speedcubing Championships 2023 Competition details
- Speedcubing Australia- runs speedcubing competitions in Australia.
- Learn to Solve the Cube - using the beginner "bunny method"
- DailyPuzzles - a great cubing store if you are looking to get into cubing yourself or need any supplies!
DonationsSee top donations
Acacia Ridge QLD