Help Burning Books Expand!
It's been ten years that Burning Books has been kicking up dust! We've put countless thousands of radical books in the hands of eager readers, and have hosted hundreds of crowded, powerful public events. The response has exceeded anything we'd imagined. We never thought it would happen, but we've dramatically outgrown our space. We just can't sustain the growing level of work we do in this little storefront anymore.
So, we’ve bought the building next door and hired architects to draw up plans joining our existing storefront with a new renovated space. Our floor plan will go from 628 square feet to 2,378 square feet. Our store frontage, our square footage, our inventory, and our ability to host events will all increase significantly. This means more of everything you've come to know and love about Burning Books!
Here are some details to get excited about:
• At least twice as many books!
• All kinds of other cool new stuff!
• An accessible entrance and restrooms!
• A fun reading spot in the window!
• A dedicated event space!
• A space for book clubs and meetings while the shop is open!
• More collaborations with rad activists, authors, artists, publishers and organizations!
• An outdoor community bulletin board!
• And….. more comfortable chairs for events!
But we need your support and solidarity. Please check out the video. Make a contribution. Ask your friends to do the same. Together we will make Burning Books an even more powerful resource to help shape our future.
DonationsSee top donationsSee top
Your donation matters
GoFundMe protects your donation
We guarantee you a full refund for up to a year in the rare case that fraud occurs. See our GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.