Queen Sheba Village
is inviting YOU to join us in raising awareness and funds to build a Social Empowerment Center in Mbour, Senegal, West Africa.
So far, with the help of Friends, Family, and Donors, we successfully completed fundraising money for the land to build the center on. With your continued support, we can see the next phase of this project through!Purpose of the Social Center
The center will enable girls and women to have access to education in an easily accessible location. Without this center, they will not have the opportunity to learn (be educated), share in participation, and meet other like minded individuals. The center will focus on 3 main objectives.
- Micro Credit Entrepreneurship Opportunity
- Health & Hygiene
- Spreading Awareness of Female Genital Mutilation
All these programs will be offered and taught at the Social Center in a workshop classroom environment. Women and girls will have access to the classrooms to participate, ask questions and become educated as well. This will also provide a safe space to practice social skills and the opportunity to meet new friends with like-minded ideas. Project Details
**We consulted with Cabinet d’Architecture Alioune Architecture Firm on the blueprints and estimates.**
We are raising $25,000 USD to fund the FIRST phase of the project that include:
- Assessment and Excavation of Land (levelling the land for building)
- Building the Ground Floor of the Center4 classrooms and 1 Entrepreneur Space (teach and conduct workshop trainings)
- 1 Library Room Study (a space for books, research, quiet study, computers, and documentary films pertaining to topics of discussion)
- 1 Kitchen Area (Offer daily lunch anytime we have workshop training or classes)
- 1 Female Bathroom and 1 Male Bathroom Phase 1 Target completion is 2020. Once FIRST phase is complete, we hope to complete the next phase. The second phase will cost $20,000 USD and will include:
- Building the 2nd Floor2 Visitation Rooms
- 2 Administrative Rooms
- 2 Salons
- 1 Lounge
- 2 BathroomsWhat the project will look like upon Phase 1 Completion. See below.
Who We Are?
QUEEN SHEBA VILLAGE is a volunteering team with a network of several NGOs. Founded by Queen Sheba Rene (Du Bose Cisse), Queen Sheba Village (QSV) is active in four countries (USA, Senegal, Ghana, and Togo) on two Continents receiving request often to serve and train in neighboring West African countries.
Our objectives are:
- Fight against poverty and famine in Africa
- Promote Education for children and women
- Reduce infant mortality rate
- Improve the health of women
- Support women in activities of development
What We Done?
We have spearheaded and contributed to many initiatives in Senegal such as:
- Micro-financing Business for Women
- School Supply Distributions
- Health Medical Supply Distributions
- Health and Hygiene Program
- Feeding the Poor during Ramadan