Help Bubba Breathe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O9Zu_yMP0   

Please help APARN raise the funds needed to provide care and medical support to Bubba! He needs a CT scan to determine if surgery is even an option. 

Bubba is a 5.5 month old French Bulldog who was attacked at 7 weeks of age by the resident pit bull. First owner waited four days to take him to the vet for exam, where it was discovered his hard palate (roof of his mouth) was ripped apart and several teeth were knocked loose. Broken bones were seen on visual exam, and he was taken to surgery the following day. The doctor removed necrotic bone as well as the loose teeth. His hard palate and ripped gum areas were stitched up.

Four weeks later, his jaw was slightly out of alignment, and teeth were likely to grow in abnormally, due to the hard palate trauma. He began vomitting liquid after eating, and began sounding like he was very congested, due to soft tissue damage in his sinus cavities.

After keeping him outside most of the time, and doing little else medically to help him, his original owners surrendered him to a vet tech, who noticed he had to sleep with his mouth open in order to breathe. Bubba has to sleep in his crate, with his face against the bars, holding his lips up, so that he can breathe. His new owner was able to get him soft palate resection surgery to help him breathe easier. However, this only helped a little bit, due to the previous damage done to his nasal cavities by the pit bull. He was still vomiting and having a hard time breathing, and still has to prop his lips open to sleep.

The doctors beleive his adult canine teeth need to be extracted to prevent cyst formation. They attempted to pass a nasal gastric tube and could not pass it more than 1" in either nostril. At that point, it became clear that a CT scan would be required to determine what could be done to correct the damage done at such an early age.

Bubba was surrendered to APARN on 2-9-18, and we have scheduled a CT/surgical consult for him at Arizona Vet Specialists. We are hoping that the damage done to this sweet boy can be repaired. We know the cost of the CT will be close to $3K, and there is no way of knowing yet what a potential surgery might be. We will update this page after the CT scan results.

27623688_15182018200_r.jpeg

Donations

 See top
  • Erva Lupypciw 
    • $50 
    • 36 mos
  • Jimmy Marose 
    • $25 
    • 36 mos
  • Terri Morrissey 
    • $100 
    • 37 mos
  • Jennifer Bartling 
    • $40 
    • 38 mos
  • Christine Olson 
    • $50 
    • 38 mos
See all

Organizer

Terri Wood 
Organizer
Mesa, AZ
Arizona Pug Adoption and Rescue Network 
Registered nonprofit
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.
Learn more
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more