First of all thank you for taking the time to read about our story, my names Jan & I’m raising money on behalf of myself & my wife Bethany,
we recently spent some time on holiday in Cyprus with our two daughters & unfortunately on our last day my wife gave birth prematurely at 6 months pregnant! Our third daughter is now in the neonatal hospital in Cyprus & my wife is nearby still being taken care of in the general hospital just over an hour away, my wife is still quite poorly & she’s currently fighting off infections & trying to stay strong so she’s able to visit our daughter as soon as physically possible! She’s being discharged & we’re now looking at ways she can be closer to our baby! I’ve had to come back to the uk to bring our two other children home & to try & make sure their kept unaware of the seriousness of the situation we now face!
All our current insurances don’t cover the cost of bringing our baby home & we’re left with the possibility that our daughter may have to stay stuck in Cyprus for the next 3/4 months on top of that we’ve also been made aware that any insurance we do have may not cover the cost to keep her in the hospital & we’re being given quotes of £1000 a night to keep her there! Our only real option is to try bring baby molly home to the uk where she can be given the best possible treatment & care from the NHS! With the language barrier it’s been difficult to find out how she’s been doing but with help from the British embassy & our travel provider TUI we’ve been able to find out she’s doing really well & she’s responding to all treatments & all the signs are really positive at the moment! With the quotes of £1000 a night & the possibility she’ll need to stay in Cyprus for 4 months the costs could exceed £100,000 to keep her safe & healthy!
As a family we’re looking at raising as much as we physically can but I’m more than aware we’ll need help to bring Molly home! Asking for help/money has always been a struggle for myself & my partner & I know many others feel the same but I’m left the realisation that no other options currently exist & after speaking with the British embassy this is our best option. Our target to reach is £30,000 although we’re still waiting for confirmation of quotes from specialist companies who can assist us we’ve been told £30,000 should cover the costs depending on the level of care Molly may need to fly home!
any contribution will go a massive way to bringing our baby home & every time someone shares our story we’ll be another step closer to achieving our goal!
Thank you again for taking the time to read our story & we hope we’ll have our baby home as soon as possible! Any updates will be shared via social media & I will update as much as I can,
thank you again!