Help bring Art to downtown Milton!
Hey all, Steve Gibson here. I have exciting news! A building in downtown Milton, PA has just been procured and will soon be a hub for creativity. Art Academy of Milton is underway!
Art Academy of Milton will be a place of learning; with independent, low-cost studios, classes, photography and video environments, and one of the largest event/performance spaces in the area. Everything under one roof and spread over 11,500 square feet! From live concerts and theatre shows to fine arts instructional sessions, bookended with open gallery space, the first floor main hall will offer something for everyone. The second floor will contain open-learning, independent studio spaces for local artists, as well as video and photography sets. Opportunities for more hands-on instruction! The third floor will eventually be fashioned into private, rentable studio spaces and offices.
Having created a number of successful collaborations in the area, including The Arts Underground in Lewisburg, I'm really excited for this new venture. BUT... I'm basically working on and investing in the whole thing by myself. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I LOVE crafting venues where people can come together and explore all things art. And by putting one in Milton, which is already one of the major up-and-coming arts heavy areas in Central PA, we can bring the community together in ways yet untouched.
So here's where YOU come in...
The place has been sitting for a couple of years, and before that it was subject to decades of heavy smoking (being a former Fraternal Order of Eagles Lodge) and overall neglect, so it needs quite a bit of scrubbing, stripping, painting, and refinishing, plus the price of lumber is through the roof (pun intended)! Toilets and sinks are needed, as well as hot water in the bathrooms. The ceiling has a few leaks and some of the floor boards need to be replaced. HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and ADA compliancy issues are also on the table. Basically everything you think a hundred year old building would need - it needs. The good news is it's actually about 80% good to go. It's the just the other 20% that will take some attention.
Your generosity will help create and refine this important place where people of all ages can gather weekly to learn and experience all things artistic. Any gift, no matter the size, will bring us one step closer to opening the doors to the local community. Thank you so much.
DonationsSee top donations
Your donation matters