Anthony started his life over in NY and, with no family or friends to support him, he worked to achieve his dream of going to college. Despite numerous challenges and set backs, Anthony put himself through college and attended the prestigious CUNY Baccalaureate program. This past June he graduated with honors and was accepted to an incredible 16 law schools!
Anthony is currently attending law school at George Washington University and has ambitions to work in Immigration and LGBTQ Advocacy to give others the opportunities he has been given. But right now he needs our help.
Anthony is in a situation where he cannot pay his rent. He is facing the terrible decision of having to drop out of Law School to pay his rent, or stay in school and be evicted. When most of us are in a tight spot we have family we can lean on or a support system we can call, but Anthony has almost no one to turn to which is why I'm asking you to donate if you can.
This is Anthony's situation:
- He moved to Baltimore in August, but quickly realized that he was in an unsafe living situation and needed to move.
- Anthony had paid his rent ahead of time for August through December with his student loan. However, when he broke his lease his landlord refused to return his rent or deposit.
- He moved to Arlington, VA, but unfortunately does not qualify for any of the public assistance programs that he relied on to pay for rent and food in NY and MD.
- Anthony has reached the end of his savings and will not receive his next financial aid grant until mid-January.
- As a full time student he is unable to work without dropping out of school.
- There is a cap on Anthony's Financial Aid and it cannot be extended to cover his rent.
We are asking for $5,000 to cover Anthony's rent and living expenses for November, December, and January so he is able to stay in school and complete his dream of becoming a lawyer.
Anthony has worked so hard and been so selfless in the years I've known him. When I think about the problems we face today, I realize it's people like Anthony that we need more of in our legal system creating justice for everyone. He has come so far and I would hate for this situation to stop him on his path. Anthony has very few people he can count on, but we have many. So I hope you will share and give what you can.
DonationsSee top donations
- Brian Umana
- Nancy Rappa
- Paul Pompeo
- Alina Sabirianova
- J. Young
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more