Support Equity and Development in Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda
What challenges do women, children and vulnerable communities face today in Eastern Africa?
- 7% of women in Kenya live with HIV, and COVID-19 is much more severe for those people. Yet, they lack information and transportation to access the vaccine in the rural areas.
- 40 % of people in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda live below the poverty line. Lack of education and economic empowerment results in unwanted teen pregnancies, drug abuse and sex exploitation.
- LBQ women in Kenya face discrimination, violence and violation of human rights.
- 41% of women reported having experienced physical or sexual violence from their husbands or partners in their lifetime. About two-fifths of those women reported physical injuries from the violence.
You can help 7 social entrepreneurs on their mission to improve the lives of children and women in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
Your donation will:
- Grant 50 women living with HIV access to the COVID-19 vaccine. (Activate Action , Founder Rogers Omollo)
- Provide sanitary pads to 40 vulnerable women, food and supplies to 20 children. (Grown to Help , Founder Denyse Mugabekazi)
- Grant 20 survivors of Sexual and Gender Based Violence access to treatment at a health facility. (Kerio Rights Organization , Founder Caroline Chelagat Rotich)
- Support an LGB dance crew of women with equipment and clothes, promoting open mental health conversation in a safe space. (Chadala , Founder Grace Edwards Akumu)
- Provide 10 teen moms with supplies and food for their children. (Wheels of Hope , Founder Collins Wekesa)
- Support 6 indigenous women and their beadwork skills, empowering them as providers. (Nareto Latia , Director Isaac Tobiko)
- Boost the economic empowerment of 20 women in a tailoring project. (Rhythm of Life , Founder Harriet Kamashanyu)
Support our goal of improving the lives of children, girls and women in East Africa.
Let's all Lightup their Impact together!
Contribute financially so we can achieve our 4000-euro target!
As we value collaboration over competition, the amount raised will be equally divided among the 7 social entrepreneurs participating in this fundraiser.
So with one donation you are actually supporting 7 different causes!
If you experience problems making a donation with your mastercard on gofundme, you can either try a different card (VISA) or make a transfer via paypal on our website .
Tell your friends about this Campaign and share it on Social Media!
We cherish every single act of kindness.
The Lightup Impact Community supports women’s health and gender equity development organizations in East Africa, amplifying underrepresented voices of early stage social entrepreneurs.
The seven organizations selected to participate in our Founder Tour 2022 and Fundraiser are spread across Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda, but they all share the same mission: fight inequalities in gender and health in Eastern Africa. The aim of our Founder Tour is to get to know our seven entrepreneurs in their everyday community life and give visibility to their projects.
We will report the direct positive impact of your donations on the lives of women and children in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
To learn more about Lightup Impact and the 7 social entrepreneurs taking part in the fundraiser, please visit our fundraiser page on our website.
Find us on: Linkedin , Facebook and Twitter .
Thank you in advance for your donation!
DonationsSee top donations
- Madge Drake
- Marta Marcos
- Florian Beer