We have been looking at our numbers and trying to decide if we can afford to stay open through this winter. Our fear is that by staying open we will dig ourselves into such a deep hole it could be the end of us. Trying to keep our staff employed enough to pay their bills while also making sure we can still pay ours is the hardest it’s ever been to juggle, and no matter how low our sales are, we can only trim our labor cost to about 50% of our sales right now, and that's bare bones and not easy to achieve with sales so low. Our food costs are another 30% and that leaves 20% to pay all of our fairly fixed expenses like: rent, utilities, trash services, apron and towel services, licensing, permits, inspections, insurance, equipment failure, all our subscriptions for all this technology, credit card fees, management of all that stuff, accounting... the list goes on, and it adds up to more than 20 %.
We are hoping to raise at least $10,000 through Go Fund Me by the end of the year and hope that will be enough to help us get through the next couple of months staying open with a bare bones crew. This is a low estimate. We want to hold our own the best we can and not ask for more than we need to. This is truly an 'it takes a village' moment. If we can all do our part and everyone can contribute even just a small amount, it will add up. It's hard for us to ask, but we have also received the message loud and clear to ask for help if we need it before we do anything crazy, like close!
Here are five more ways anyone can greatly help keep Hearty Eats alive and well, now and always :)
1) Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and share, like or comment on posts about new items, info, specials.
2) Tell all your non-Hearty Eats comrades how awesome we are and how much they will love our food and friendly service! Better yet, buy them your favorite dish and bring it to them (with your mask on, of course!)
3) Buy everyone Hearty Eats gift certificates for the holidays (the gift of health, happiness & free time!)
4) Order Hearty Eats every day. (We’re now open for breakfast, lunch & dinner so you can eat 3 meals a day at Hearty Eats!) And remember, if you’re part of our loyalty program (which you should be!) you earn points towards a reward of $11 off your next purchase. That adds up to about a 10% discount!
5) When possible, use our online ordering or self serve kiosk. The more efficiently we can operate the lower we can keep our prices (and right now, the better we can serve you and survive this winter)
- Wales Amy
- chris williams
Fundraising team (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more