Kids NEED creative outlets to identify and process emotions to be successful human beings. Heartizens' mission is to provide inspiring spaces for our youth to explore their creative potential.
We are developing and launching 3 Heartizens' Youth Programs for Fall/Winter 2023.
These initiatives will bring therapeutic and creative activities to youth living in underserved and underrepresented communities. We thank you for supporting our mission to empower young people and creating a brighter future for them.
- Pre-Teen and Teen Open Mics (yearly budget $15,000)
- MBA/GRIPS Projects and Internships, Partnered with Healdsburg High School's continuation school Marce Becerra Academy (yearly budget $60,000)
- Sparkle Time, after school program for kids 6-12 (yearly budget $50, 000)
- Remote Interactive Book Readings for ages 4-8 teaching self-efficacy and resilience.
We provide an inspiring learning environment that motivates youth to tap into their creativity and natural abilities in a way that encourages them to discover resiliency, develop interactive skills and a strong sense of self and purpose so that they become self-assured problem solvers and confident leaders in their lives.
Youth collaborate in a creative inspiring space, building self-awareness, trust and confidence. Our programs explore all creative expressions while building community and individual portfolios so that they are successful in creating the lives and careers that they love and thrive in. Our programs are anchored in the values of gratitude, self-love, and kindness.
o Participant outcomes
- Builds self-confidence and resilience
- Develop emotional-quotient/EQ to improve relationship-building and peer communication
- Practice presentation and communication skills
- Commitment & competency to apply leadership skills that are being developed
- Freely participate in self-expression and create positive development
- Hone problem-solving skills
- Release fear and stuck emotions.
- Empower a sense of belonging and purpose, growing their potential as they tap into their innate creative curiosity.
- Team building working in collaborations
- Trusting each other to follow through
- Explore creative expression
- Expand portfolios for teens
- Inspire others, kids self-attending and increased school attendance, motivating other kids to join
- New skills learned.
o Metrics –
Heartizens has successfully provided several programs and projects
- Sparkle Time Wednesday Afterschool Elementary Ages 5-10, 20 kids. 3 years of participation in our after-school program, teaching values of kindness, empathy, resilience, authenticity, and respect. Our volunteer program included 3 high school students and 3 adults that participated weekly. Parents have expressed that their child has become more focused, confident, and reliable.
- Virtual HIP Program (City of Healdsburg Grant Recipient during COVID), served over 400 children in Healdsburg and 50 in Sonoma County
- Consent and Self Awareness Off-Site Programs, Local Girlscout Troops, Boys and Girls Club, Healdsburg Elementary School and Healdsburg Public Library, serving over 200 children of Elementary ages in Healdsburg.
- Teen Open Mics, Reaching over 100 teens in Sonoma County.
- We have completed over a dozen bilingual free events for the community. Our Annual Spooktacular Open House and Winter Wonderland Presentations, Christmas in Coffey Park Gift Drive and Caroling, Live Book Readings and Workshops at Alexander Valley School and the Healdsburg Library, and the FFA Parade with costumes and performances name a few of our accomplishments.
- The Jendala Art Studio is equipped with a plug-in sound system, smart tv, projector, art supplies, sewing machines, workstations, dance and express space, costumes, games, and a vetted library. The 1500sf art studio has a split AC system allowing for programs to run year-round in gratitude to funds raised in 2022. We are conveniently located to downtown Healdsburg and offer lots of parking.