Hi, my name is Paula and this is Harry's story.
After losing our precious Jasper this August, to heart failure, my son Liam and I decided to adopted two beautiful kittens this October, three month old Harry (a Black Bombay) and his sister Hazel (a Blue Russian) from a wonderful, local organization called Elmvale Street Cat Rescue run by two wonderful and compassionate women - Janice and Darlene. They are the most loving and affectionate kittens, always ready to play and to give you a loving kiss and snuggle.
Unfortunately, yesterday November the 29th, Harry had a horrible accident. He was electrocuted while chewing on a the plug of a light that was plugged in behind my bed. Somehow the plug cover had come off and the bare prongs were exposed. I was witness to this horrific accident when I heard a terrible noise and looked under my bed. I eventually managed to get Harry free from the plug but by then the damage was done. I rushed his little body to O'Sullivan Emergency Veterinary Hospital in Barrie - he was breathing but unresponsive. Harry is a fighter - he made it through the night last night at the hospital. He's on oxygen but his lungs are full of fluid which is typical with electrocution. He's purring and is happy to see anyone who attends to him. However, his respiratory rate is a concern and his recovery depends on his being able to get enough oxygen into his lungs on his own. It is possible for pets to make a full recovery from such an awful accident, but it will be a few days before we know for sure. Harry will need to remain in the care of the doctors until he is able to breathe on his own - at this point we don't know how long that will be. I don't believe in letting an animal suffer but the doctors said he's showing promise and with this hope we remain vigilant.
I am a single mom and would appreciate any help anyone could provide to assist with Harry's vet bills. Any money raised will be shared equally with the Elmvale Street Cat Rescue.
Please, pray for Harry's recovery, we so desperately want him home again.
And please, please, please check all of your plugs and wires and unplug anything that is not safe, especially this time of year with decorations. Spray wires with anything that smells like orange as cats do not like this scent. Kittens are prone to chewing so please be extra cautious and diligent.
My son and I thank-you.