Hi, my name is Lucy Karambu and I am fundraising for a 6-month basic digital skills and coding program in a marginalized and under-resourced informal settlement in Nairobi, Kenya to equip 27 girls and 10 boys with digital skills.
Resilient Woman (www.resilientwomanofafrica.org) works with families and communities impacted by social and economic challenges. Resilient Woman is currently working with teenagers and youth in an under-resourced Maasai community to equip them with digital skills. We recognize that the future is technology-driven and that Kenya has a growing population of youth that is enthusiastic about technology and unutilized creativity and potential because of a lack of opportunities and resources.
The program is important because it will enable teens and youth to acquire basic digital and coding skills for the enhancement of their creativity and ability to compete at a global level. Furthermore, this is an opportunity for teens and youth to explore and discover their interest in technology.
1) Personnel Related Costs - Program Management $912
2) Non-Personnel Programme Activity Inputs $6105
- Professional fees (Training facilitation & consultancy)
- Laptops and tablets
- Stationery & other meeting materials
- Refreshments for participants
3) Programme Support/Operating expenses $65
- Communication (Internet, emails & telephone)
- Office costs (Rent, utilities, generator fuel & maintenance)
- Computer accessories & stationery
4) Project Monitoring, Reporting & Evaluation $423
- External audit fees
- Supervision and oversight of project activities
5) Capital Budget (Non-recurring costs) $430