On September 21, young Harlee Elizabeth Falkner was severely burned in an accidental grease fire while she was at home with her father and siblings.
The 16-month-old was rushed to an Indianapolis hospital by helicopter and treated for second and third degree burns on her scalp, shoulder, and back.
The accident happened while her father, Matthew Falkner, was cooking dinner and grease caught fire. As he was going to take the pan outside to prevent the house from catching fire in a rush, he tripped and he accidently spilled the grease on Harlee.
Harlee has since been transfered to a hosptial in Cincinnati that is better suited to treat her burns and is a bit closer to home.
Her doctors say she'll likely never be able to grow hair on the part of her scalp that was burned. Harlee will need to undergo at least one surgery to repair her skin and possibly more.
The Falkner family is requesting your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time and Harlee's road to recovery.
Any and all donations are greatly appreciated. Funds received through this will go toward any medical costs including air-care, travel, and missed pay while her parents remain by her side during recovery that is expected to take several weeks.
The Falkner family is from Osgood, Indiana. Harlee's parents Megan & Matthew, and brothers Hudson, Holden, Hunter, and Hayden thank you for your support and prayers as Harlee recovers.
Any questions or media inquiries may be directed to Harlees uncle, Giacomo Luca, by contacting (312) [phone redacted] or sending an e-mail to [email redacted].
DonationsSee top donations
- Linda Ficker
- Kayla Cox
- Debbie McQueen
- Christal Acra
- Kemper Family
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more