Hamilton, Heights Fire

On Friday, November 17, 2017, a fire broke out on the sixth floor of an apartment in Hamilton Heights, New York. It carried on for hours until assistance came. As a result of the fire the roof collapsed and the entire floor was destroyed to ashes as well as other units in the building. My colleague, friend and employee of NYC, Department of Education, along with her roommates were left with nothing but the clothing on their backs and the possessions they had left with on the morning of November, 17th. Being that all four girls living in the apartment, are all graduate students from out of state, they are now in despair as they all try to figure out their living situation, while preserving through their higher education.  With Thanksgiving being this week, I am extremely thankful that their lives, and that their well being was spared, while also heartbroken that they are now left with no home and little to no belongings.

Any monetary donations possible will be greatly appreciated as myself along with loved ones try to get these ladies who were living in apartment 6C back on their feet, so they can continue their education.

Thank you so much

 
  • Mary Horner 
    • $5 
    • 29 mos
  • Jazmin Lesane 
    • $100 
    • 45 mos
  • Stephanie Ureña 
    • $20 
    • 45 mos
  • New Visions UTR Team 
    • $100 
    • 45 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $200 
    • 45 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Seina Jeff 
Organizer
Harrison, NY
Hilena Tibebe 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more