People helping People

Hello! My name is Jeremy Thompson. I was born with Cystic Fibrosis. CF is a genetically inherited life-threatening disease that damages many organs of the body, especially the lungs. Currently there is no cure. I have been very active my entire life despite my struggles with this disease. Unfortunately, my ability to participate in sports and run has been compromised by my decreasing lung function. My cousin Dave, approached me one day about completing a 140.6 mile Triathlon with him. Although my body would not allow me to participate in the race, he told me he would love to run it in my honor. Dave has decided to dedicate his run to Cystic Fibrosis and use it as a charitable act to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis and me. I sat in my chair on the phone with Dave, beside myself, thinking that so many people with CF could benefit from this money. I was ecstatic with the idea. After speaking with Dave some more, I realized how passionate and motivated he was about completing this race and how excited he is to raise money in the process. I was simply overwhelmed by the idea and had surreal emotions flowing through my body.  Dave would only agree to do this if I received 80% of the money, the other 20% will be donated to my preferred CF foundation that directly helps people with CF. One day I will need a lung transplant and have to manage many other inevitable complications to continue my journey in life. This money will make it possible for me to acquire needed medical supplies and surgeries. I am grateful to take this quest with Dave. I will continue to push and motivate my dearest cousin and myself to achieve our goals, no matter how big or small. Help us raise awareness for Quality of Life and Cystic Fibrosis!

 

 

YD thoughts

My cousin Jeremy is a warrior. He was born with Cystic Fibrosis and has lived with it all his life. He rarely ever talks about the struggles he deals with on a daily basis to maintain his health, and still manages to live his life to the absolute fullest every day! He refuses to let CF bring him down! He has traveled the world and fears nothing.  He was a professional snowboarder who competed in World class events around the world like the X-games, and even ending up on magazine covers!  He soared to many heights until an injury soon ended his snowboarding career.  This allowed him to spend more time around Tannersville, New York where he grew up. Whether it was meeting friends in the backcountry of Wyoming to crush the powder, driving to Maine on his Harley, or even jumping out of airplanes Jeremy loved adrenaline rushes and seeking out new adventures!!!  I really started to feel inspired on how he lives every day to the fullest. I also believe that people can learn a lot from his story.  He inspires me to be more and to do more as a human being.  My plan wasn’t ever to do this 140.6 mile race, however it just seemed as I increased my fitness level year after year,what once was a huge goal now seems very attainable.  I believe a shared vision is the best vision. We are prepared to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis, Jeremy, and cross that finish line in April together. Whatever you can give will be greatly appreciated from our family to yours, thank you!   #peoplehelpingpeople

Donations (0)

  • Andrea Valk 
    • $25 
    • 7 mos
  • edward camuso 
    • $26 
    • 8 mos
  • Kristen Costain  
    • $100 
    • 8 mos
  • Frank and Patricia Locatell 
    • $250 
    • 8 mos
  • Lauren Letizia 
    • $25 
    • 8 mos
See all

Fundraising team (5)

David Colandrea 
Organizer
Raised $8,115 from 47 donations
Newburgh, NY
Jeremy Thompson 
Team member
Raised $10,428 from 54 donations
Cos Colandrea 
Team member
Raised $1,450 from 8 donations
Elisha Patrick-Colandrea 
Team member
Raised $685 from 9 donations
Rick Colandrea 
Team member
Raised $120 from 2 donations
This team raised $4,978 from 40 other donations.
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more