We are the middle school students of Greenfields Academy and are planning a school road trip to the Global Student Leadership Summit (GSLS) in Ontario, Canada this April. GSLS is the first truly large scale, international, multi-day leadership summit for youth from around the globe.
The mission of this conference aligns well with our school's approach. Greenfields Academy is a student-led and project-based school in Chicago, IL where students learn at their own pace and take charge of their education. In fact, we are planning all of the logistics of this trip ourselves!
Ultimately, we are doing this fundraiser to defray the per student cost of the trip and ensure that every one of us can afford to attend. The per person cost of the trip (including lodging, food and conference registration)
is around $525 and our total fundraising goal is $2,000. We are also raising funds by running a Kids/Parents Night Out event at our school in March.
We recently discussed two questions: 'Why do you want to attend this conference?' and 'What do you want to learn from the trip?' See our answers below:
- “I want to learn some new leadership skills so I can bring back my new abilities to help the community.”-Anna 12
- “I want to see how much people my age can grow into leaders at big conferences. I think it is important to learn from your other peers!”-Amelia 13
- “I would like to go because I can see myself learning a lot about being a leader and learning leadership skills.”-Noah 11
- “The student global leadership conference is an opportunity to practice leadership, gain teamwork and make a difference in the world!”-James 12
- “I want to go to the Student Global Leadership Summit because I know that we are the leaders of tomorrow. So, I have to learn all I can about leadership and civic action to prepare me for the world I will grow-up into.”-Owen 12
We really appreciate your support and are committed to making the most of this conference opportunity by growing as leaders! Fundraiser will end on April 1st.
- Yasemin and Sean Blanton
- Jason Deck
- Erica Engel
- Linda Walton
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more