I'm Tim Grae, a guy from Harlem NYC, with a passion to heal people. I've been a massage therapist for the last 6 years and it's been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. If you have a few minutes, watch the video to see my story.
I believe massage therapy is the most fundamental form of health care. It’s not a luxury, it’s a lifestyle! I see it over and over, it’s utterly amazing what happens when people incorporate bodywork into their health routines. Better posture, less pain, increased circulation and you sleep better. Remember sleep? The benefits of a 1-hour of massage are equal to 6 to 7-hrs of sleep.
I started Grae Therapy, the first 24 hour massage therapy and recovery business, 3 years ago based on the following principals:
- I am committed to helping my community heal naturally.
- I am committed to creating a place where people are cared for and know they matter. Therapists and clients.
- I believe a great massage is a synergistic relationship between the client and the therapist. The best therapists are amazing listeners.
- I believe people should have access to massage therapy 24/7. There are many hard working individuals who may not work a conventional 9-5 work day and we’re here for them
- There is a lack of minorities (especially black men) in the health care industry. I was one of only two in my classes at school. I would like to inspire young men of color to see there are more options for careers in health care.
After I received my degree in occupational therapy from the Swedish Institute, I worked at Equinox as a massage therapist and was quickly promoted to spa manager of the 19th street location. It was great experience, but I always wanted to create my own space with my own vibe.
Grae therapy has been open now for 2 years in Union square. We’ve been growing steadily and our existing space can’t accommodate the need. I’ve been planning on expanding at the end of 2016 - beginning 2017 BUT an amazing opportunity presented itself and I had to jump on it.
We are currently in the middle of construction of our health and wellness center. We're looking to raise 15k to get it up and running. When you donate, you receive the gift of experiencing Grae Therapy for yourself. Check out the rewards packages below.
ALL of these funds are going into creating the most comfortable and functional space we can, to pay our contractor and staff and we’ll put a little aside for our grand opening party so we can bring our whole community together. Who wouldn’t want to go to a Tim Grae party?
We want to be open as soon as possible so we can get YOU on a table for a session. Please help us spread the word. Every dollar gets us one step closer to realizing a long awaited dream to heal the world, one body at a time.
At Grae Therapy - "it's not luxury, it's a lifestyle!"
Let us be a part of your life...
DonationsSee top donations
- SHANNEL PARKER
- Triciq Taitt
- Nesreen Mahmoud
- Salahadeen Betts
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more