- Chrohn’s Disease - 2011
- Spondylolisthesis in low back - 2012
- Lyme Disease (late stage) - 2014
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - 2017
Doctors recently found a 2cm tumor in her right femur that they are testing for bone cancer requiring her to also see an orthopedic oncologist for bone scans and biopsies.
Melissa has undergone several surgeries:
- 2011 - Bowel Resection resection
- 2015 - Cardiac Catheter Ablation - Atrial Fibrillation [Afib]
- 2017 - Partial amputation big toe due to bone infection
- Anticipated 2018 - Her doctors are recommending a spinal fusion ASAP because her Spondylolisthesis from fractures in her lower back have worsened affecting her mobility and causing severe nerve damage and weakness
Melissa’s priority right now is to get healthy so that she can undergo a spinal fusion but it’s a struggle because her immune system is severely compromised from the Crohn’s Disease and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Aside from all the medical issues Melissa and her family are dealing with, they have an unimaginable amount of medical bills and need any support our community can provide covering prescriptions, medical supplies, physical therapy, occupational therapy, housing (living in a room at a friend’s home), and travel to and from doctors in the DMV area.
Thank you for reading and for your consideration and any support you can provide!