Our 9 year old found a lighter from his birthday cake a few days earlier and accidentally started a fire while we were outside. He stayed in the house trying to put it out to the point that all his little blonde hair was singed. When my nephew saw smoke, my brother in law was the first to the door. The fire was down the hall, but the livingroom was so full of smoke that he had to crawl to get in. My baby then came running out. My 19 year old fought fire with a water hose until he had an asthma attack and had to crawl out. Fire fighters put out the fire with a few of our things to maybe be salvaged. But at 1am, my husband awoke from my parents next door to see the house engulfed. The fire was about to get my oldest sons little trailer with 2 of my children inside asleep. My husband, dad and son fought the fire with our spray rig until help came. They saved his house. And my family all survived!
We are going to move the 5 of us int the back 2 bedrooms of his little trailer. We put the central heat back in and found a plumber offering his labor to fix the broken bathroom. Team Gould will be a little crowded, but ok.
It's been really hard to accept help and put my name on the needy flier. I mean, I'm the one that hosts the benefits and helps everyone. But my Aunt told me to get my pride out of God's way and let him send help. If all you can do is pray, God bless you and please pray. If you can spare anything, thank you so much!
DonationsSee top donations
- Lisa Bryant
- Virginia Austin
- Samantha Klepper
- Randy Probst
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more