1. Denise Daly& Paul Shorten are Lydia's parents.
2. We live in Celbridge, Co. Kildare, Republic of Ireland
3. She is our eldest daughter
4. The funds will be used to allow members of her family to travel to China to be with her...so initially travel and accommodation costs are the main use. When we get her back home, the fund will be used for her ongoing practical and medical needs.
5. We will draw down amounts needed to cover costs at the time they are needed...initially by bank transfer to Lydia's parents account. Lydia is not in a position at this time to manage such matters.
I trust this clarification is sufficient.
Hello everyone from Denise and Paul in China. We can't get over the wonderful outpouring of love and support from you all. You have gladdened our heart, and given us the strength and spirit to fight on, and ensure that all of Lydia's needs are met.
The Chinese ICU medical team have been great, despite the great challenges faced by them and us over the communication barrier. Thanks to their care, our beautiful Lydia has been improving little by little, day by day.
Xie Xie (Thanks)
Paul and Denise
As some of you may already know, in the early hours of July 30th our friend Lydia suffered a serious accident that has left her hospitalized in Guangdong China. We are thankful that she is currently stable and recovering, but are of course desperately worried for her. Lydia left for China on February 9th of this year, and has been working as an English language teacher in Guangdong for the past 6 months.
This fund donates it's proceedings to Lydia and her family. Separated by such a vast distance, we cannot help but feel helpless when the unimaginable happens to someone we dearly value and love.
We kindly ask that you please consider donating whatever you can to help Lydia and her family in this moment of great distress.
- Mary Ferris
- Maria Devine-Campbell
- vicnbernie murphy
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more