God's Promise for Carol Williams

Have you ever had a connection with someone but never really knew them? Have you recognized someone but never really knew how close you were to them? Growing up in Loganville in the 80s and 90s, you pretty much knew of everyone or laid eyes on everyone at some point. I remember watching the older girls play basketball in middle school and high school. I vividly remember Carol on the court. She graduated in 1996 from Loganville High School. Our families crossed paths growing up in Loganville for all those years. But I never really "knew" Carol. It wasn't until years later that her and my Mom met at her son's high school,  that I got to know Carol thru my Mom.

She is a single mom of two amazing kids, Keontaye and Keoni. Keontaye is 17 years old and attends Walnut Grove High School and is an amazing football player and respectable young man. And is currently visiting colleges in hopes of playing football in college. Keoni is 11 years old and will attend Youth Middle School this year. Keoni was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in March 2018. She currently has to take insulin and other medication. Doctors are hoping she will grow out of T2D and her body learns to produce more insulin. 

Carol worked in the medical field for 14 years with a specialty in pediatrics. She has a believer's  caring  heart and chose a career that would enable her to care for others.  After her transplant, she went back to work. But due to ongoing medical issues, including losing her sight. She was no longer able to work.  This has made it very difficult in providing for herself and her children. 

Nearly every week, I ask for or get an update on Carol...here is why. 

In June 2015, Carol was diagnosed with end stage kidney failure. In August 2015, she was added to the kidney transplant list. And the list keeps going...

- December 2015: Started PD dialysis everyday for 9 1/2 hours for 11 months.
- April 29, 2016: Triple heart bypass surgery (hospitalized for 3 weeks with doctors not sure she would pull through after being in ICU)
- November 3, 2016: had a kidney transplant
- January 2017: Started early kidney rejection
- May 2017: Total retina detachment in both eyes causing total blindness. (She has had four eye surgeries (7-8 hrs long to reattach retinas)
- January 2018: Antibody complications with kidney that she is currently being treated for at this time
- June 2018: Started kidney rejection (her only functioning kidney) and now on dialysis
-July 12, 2018: Eye surgery to help heal the detached retina
- October 2018: Started dialysis everyday for 10 hours each day.
- January 6, 2018: Vision loss in both eyes...again. 


Her insurance only pays for 80% of hospital admissions, doctor visits, outpatient procedures, and prescriptions. She is responsible for the remaining 20%. She is also responsible for  travel expenses which sometimes includes twice weekly visits to Emory from Monroe and parking fees. 

Carol continues to amaze me and her story has been a wake up call to those that suffer from self pity, to those that have lost faith in God, to those that have lost hope. To me, Carol is one of the strongest people I know and I want to do all I can to help her because whether she knows it or not, she helps so many others by being a vessel of God. She can literally find the positive in all of these bumps on her road.

I ask you to please donate to this strong woman and her family. I ask that we come together for her and her kids to help relieve all of life's pressures so that she can concentrate on her health, her kids, and her faith during this continued difficult time. Her stress to make ends meet does not help her body heal. Please help me and join forces to help Carol Williams and donate to her medical expenses fund. 

She is a strong woman that truly believes in God's Promises.I hope you all will join me in helping provide some medical relief for Carol.

PERSONAL NOTE:
Each time I talk to Carol, she has so much to say and not one time have I not gotten chills from part(s) of our conversation. She has a refreshing story about her kids or something she has experienced directly or indirectly. Whether that experience is positive or negative, she finds the most valuable lesson in that experience. I am fathomed at how strong her faith is everyday. Even on her worst days, she finds an amazing moment. I can't imagine the day to day struggle she endures. But I do know that on my worst day, I pray to have her strength and faith. God speaks to me through Carol. He lets me know that I have so much to be thankful for and that no matter what, I just need faith in him.
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 40 mos
  • Vanessa Reels 
    • $25 
    • 40 mos
  • Zina Atkism  
    • $50 
    • 41 mos
  • Lou Jackson 
    • $50 
    • 41 mos
  • Stacy Buchanan 
    • $100 
    • 41 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Kelly LeVert Summers 
Organizer
Jefferson, GA
Carol Williams 
Beneficiary