- B
- A
- E

You are giving kitten, Junior Mint, a Fighting Chance!
0% complete
$1,331 raised of
13 donations
Updates with info and photos are on this page under "UPDATES". enjoy cuteness overload on the YouTube page (link is below). Thank you for helping this adorable little cat family. He needs prosthetic or amputation.
Funds will be used vet and care of mama queen and 1 of the 3 kittens.
Needs: Three Vet trips so far (2 more scheduled) Two Antibiotics, kmr supplement & bottle if needed (still nursing ok, but a little smaller), wound care Hydrocolloid and Vetcare dressings, gut-immune supplement for kitten & queen mama tummies both on strong antibiotics, follow-up visit, and a likely minor surgery for this guy (if not, funds could sponsor his adoption or be partially refunded).
1) Black and White "Junior Mint" kitten:
- This beautiful kitten was born only 4 days ago. Unfortunately, after delivery, her mom was trying to break the umbilical cord near the foot, but ended up biting through the foot as well.
- Foot is not salvageable, sadly. Much of it has dried up and fallen off (vascular dry gangrene).
- At the vet, we learned that it is infected and is at high risk of sepsis. On a kitten that young and small, there is not much they can do. They gave us an antibiotic and said that it was bitten through the bone and tissue and most likely couldn't heal. At that point, they said the antibiotic would probably not help much and told us that the only other options were to amputate the leg or to euthanize him.
- Even with his struggles, he seems to be fighting. We really want to give him a chance. Unfortunately, the amputation would be a pretty expensive surgery. And with the mom cat and her two other kittens, along with 3 dogs and children, we can't afford it. We really don't want to see his life end so short, so if you can give even a little, it would mean the world. If you donated, we would 1. Get the amputation as conservatively as vet will allow 2. Get kitten food and supplies to ensure all three kittens stay healthy 3. Get the necessary after-surgery supplies for Junior Mint kitten. Note: we did not add any of the graphic pictures (there's one of today's youtube channel update) or receipts here but happy to share privately to donors.
- Momma Lemon-Chia Mocha has Mastitis, a milk duct infection. While fairly rare in housed cats, the vet thought it was because she was so young and small.
Record keeping of funds and will be provided. If there are funds that are not used for these purposes, we will reach out and funds can be refunded. I have reached out to lots of vets in the last week, some who offer some fee or support fosters to ensure quality care. I also have the support of a rescue (LMR) that I used to foster with, to possibly use their vets, however many of them won't work on such little creatures, and the small animal vets won't take kittens - go figure. Any amount would help more than you know.
ABOUT ME:
I have rehab and medical experience to do daily dressing changes on tiny paw! We had been washing and wrapping it up but made the decision to take him to the vet. Being that we took in the mom from street to get spayed, we weren't anticipating 3 kittens. That was already an expense that we didn't have money for. People in the neighborhood were donating some items. We understand shelters would euthanize and he might have died if we hadn't intervened to keep clean and wrapped.
We have a YouTube channel that
my daughter and I started for cat lovers and neighborhood friends. You can follow the journey, too, on: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXD6cLhJX7TIWWcacjrcKDj4I5W5EIw1p&si=8UazNyDebYJxnoKY
I spent all day today on the phone with about 10 different specialty clinics and estimates range from $800 to $1,400. If we can keep the infection under control and wait until the kitten is bigger, we can salvage more of the leg and a rescue group will work with us and a vet to coordinate lower price than this, but we won't know that for a month or two. One vet did offer to do the surgery tomorrow, at the $800 price, but was requiring us to take the kitten from Mama, take its entire leg, and feed it every 2 hours for the next 2 months. Months. That's just not right in my mind to do to us, kitten, or mama cat. Vet #2 opinion was that it is worth doing if it will save the kitten's life. I understand, probably better than most, that the country is overrun with kitten - but this is the kitten in our care and lots of people seem to be rooting for him , including daughter who insisted we let people know about him to ask if they'd like to help.




