Our friends Sam and Elaine became parents twice in the past year – to a boy named Francis (born and passed away in September 2017), and a girl named Zoe (born in June 2018 and passed away in August 2018).
This year after becoming pregnant with Zoe, Elaine's pregnancy was deemed high-risk, and she had two surgeries and was eventually put on bedrest.
At 25 weeks pregnant, Elaine had an emergency c-section and Zoe was born on June 27.
Zoe spent 48 days in the NICU. Her nurses said she was strong and feisty. She fought off two infections. She was born breathing on her own and then in the last two weeks, she needed more and more help breathing as she had some lung bleeds and swelling in her trachea made it difficult for her to move air.
On August 13, baby Zoe joined her brother Francis in heaven.
We share in their loss and grief. While we know nothing can change what has happened, we hope that little gifts of love will equal something that can help ease their burden at this time.
The past year has made a lot of things difficult for Sam and Elaine. Routine tasks have been hindered by daily hospital visits, and a hospital scare related to Elaine's health. Housekeeping, meal prepping and regular life activities have become difficult for them to maintain.
Will you consider donating to Sam and Elaine's needs at this time?
Some ways your gift could be used:
- Grief counseling sessions for Sam and Elaine to take time to heal
- Medical expenses related to Elaine's extensive hospital stay, and for Zoe's stay in the NICU
- Costs related to time away from work for Sam and Elaine
- Regular housekeeping service to ease the burden of housework
- Meal delivery services to make cooking and eating simpler
- A much-needed weekend getaway that Sam and Elaine are hoping to take in a few weeks
Other ways you can help:
- You can sign up to deliver a meal to Sam and Elaine (Sign up for their Mealtrain schedule )
- You can mail them a card and/or gift card with words of encouragement (gift card suggestions: Territory Foods, Amazon, Target, etc)
No gift is too small. Thank you for supporting Sam and Elaine in this difficult time.
DonationsSee top donations
- LeAnne DeFrancesco
- Christiamilda Correa
- Ann and Aaron Cardona
Fundraising team (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more