Hi, My name is Steph and I'm one of the founders of Kids Plant Trees.
We're a not-for-profit organisation based in Sheffield working to give more children in South Yorkshire (and beyond) the opportunity to get outdoors and help nature.
Some of the ways we do this:
- providing family friendly tree planting events and other nature based activities
- creating hedgerows, community orchards, wildlife-friendly gardens and more
- working with school pupils to improve their grounds for wildlife and themselves
- working with local authorities, 'friends of' groups and other community organisations to engage children and families in looking after and improving their local green space (for the benefit of nature and people)
We're a small team with a big mission and we need your support to deliver our projects and to achieve the meaningful impact we're striving for. This year (2023-24) we’re aiming to get 5,000 children involved with projects improving their local green space (be that a park, their school playground or other accessible outdoor location).
We're looking to raise £1,000 initially, to help us deliver various projects this tree planting season (November to March). This will go towards:
- purchasing essential equipment, e.g. spades and gloves
- sourcing essential training for our team, e.g. First Aid
- project delivery costs, e.g. paying our fantastic forest school practitioner to give an extra level of learning and fun to our events
Anything above this amount will go towards paying our team for their time making these projects happen.
Steph and the KPT team
P.S. You can find out more about Kids Plant Trees and sign up to receive our email newsletter on our website.