Get Koa Better

This is Koa before he got sick
Our dog Koa hasn’t been feeling well for almost a month now. At first he was having constant diarrhea so they took him to the vet to get him checked. The vet had given medications to try to stop the diarrhea but it wasn’t working and usually when they give it to him, it goes away. Koa’s stool had turned into blood, he started to throw up, and then eventually lost his appetite which resulted in weight loss. It got to a point Koa couldn’t carry himself and walk. After 3-4 visits, they still couldn’t figure out what was wrong with our boy. We were given the choice of doing an ultrasound (stated to be unbelievably thousands of dollars), a surgery ($700-$800), or sign to put him down. We went with the surgery because if they ever found something inside, they could just take it out. During the surgery they did an examination on his enlarged lymph node but never examined Koa’s digestive which is leading to the diarrhea and vomiting (this was remarkably stupid and has made us furious because they did an incision on our dog for no reason). After opening up our dog and charging us $1100 for his visits and the surgery, they recommended us to take Koa to a specialist because they couldn’t pin point what was wrong with him. So we took him to Silicon Valley Veterinary Specialist where he would be watched 24/7 unlike the other place that left our dog unwatched after 4pm-6pm (regardless of any dog’s condition). They started several tests again; ultrasound, fecal test, and blood tests. All of his tests came out normal, showing our dog is healthy. But Koa was not showing to be healthy, he was under critical care and was on IV for 2 days. We visited Koa twice a day for the times he was in here. Each visit he seemed to be getting better; he was alert, walking, started to eat a little bit, and he was actually wagging his tail (this has made us all relieved and happy). Eventually, we were able to take him home but he was still not 100%. The specialists had recommended to do an endoscopy which is another $1600-$2200 on top of the $2100 we’re already getting billed for. We hold off on the endoscopy to see if Koa would get better, he was slowly coming back to his usual self. Today marks a week since he came home, he started to have a hard time breathing, he was drooling more than usual, and he had thrown up again. It worried us so we took him back and they gave Koa fluids to be stable. Again, we were given a choice to do a radiograph ($600-$900) or an endoscopy. At this point we are leaning towards an endoscopy done this Friday to hopefully tell us what is wrong with Koa. 

He is only 3 years old and he is a part of our family. We have been trying everything we could to get him back to his energetic, loving, and happy self. My family and I really miss the way he is, it hurts all of us to see him so weak and so sad. It is not like him and we are really not trying to give up on him but his treatments are not cheap..

It is not like us to reach out like this, but if this is a way to get our boy back to being healthy, it is worth the try. Please, anything to get his treatments going will honestly help. From the bottom of my heart, I do appreciate you taking the time to read this.

The start of it all..

After the first vet..

I know this might be disturbing but this was Koa's stool..

Koa after 2 days of IV..

This is Koa currently, he has gotten skinny and I know he's trying. Hang on babyboy we'll get there! 
  • Michael Sunday 
    • $100 
    • 50 mos
  • Leslie Tiongco 
    • $40 
    • 51 mos
  • Lian C 
    • $20 
    • 51 mos
  • Andrea Bejo 
    • $30 
    • 51 mos
  • Adam Bauer 
    • $200 
    • 51 mos
See all


Franzes Jeeanne Alonzo 
San Jose, CA

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.