Gese Family

The Gese family needs your help! We, the Entleutner family, sister, uncle, in-laws and cousins are raising money to help offset the huge toll on the Gese family financially, physically and emotionally due to the several events following. This family has been through hell and back over the last four months, being riddled with one medical issue after another. It all started with their youngest daughter, Maggie on May 3rd, 2017.

Maggie, doing nothing out of the ordinary but practicing fast pitch softball as usual, went to take what would have been a stellar slide. Only the base did not break away. Resulting in Maggie enduring an excruciatingly painful break to her left fibula (lower leg). This resulted in her undergoing major orthopedic surgery to stabilize the fracture - "Open Reduction Internal Fixation of the Distal Fibula Fracture with Syndesmosis Ligament Repair of the Left Ankle."  In other words, Maggie has a metal plate, 7 screws and a permanent button procedure keeping her ankle in alignment. After having been sent home the same day after surgery she was taken back in by ambulance to the Children's Hospital for pain management. Maggie had been on 5 different medications around the clock every two hours. As Tony was the primary bread winner this responsibility fell on Ginger, so Tony was rested for work. All the while icing on, icing off every 15 minutes per hour around the clock with elevation. 

After surgery, Maggie needed to be on strict non-weight bearing requiring crutches and a scooter to get around. The Gese household is a 4-level split so this made life extremely difficult for Maggie and challenging of her mama to care for her. Maggie required multiple doctor appointments and physical therapy daily for about 8 additional weeks before she was finally starting to feel the affects of her healing process. 

Just three weeks after Maggie's surgery, her father Tony, suffered a major heart attack at only 45 years of age. Tony was taken by ambulance from a nearby urgent care close to his work. He luckily decided to stop in during his lunch break due to severe back pain, thank God! After undergoing several tests it was quickly found that Tony had suffered a major heart attack with 90% blockage in his right artery and 99% blockage in his left. He underwent emergency surgery for quadruple stent placements just in time. He is one lucky man!

Tony was unable to return to work while he was recuperating and attending cardiac rehab.  Ginger is the primary caregiver for Maggie and also attends to our elderly mother who is in an assisted living facility.  The stresses of life had continued to build. With Tony starting his physical therapy the same time as their daughter's therapy, life became overwhelming and one big balancing act. 

With the ability of Tony's insurance only able to help pay a small portion towards short term disability, Tony had to return to work part time just before the third wave of medical issues had started with Ginger, in which she was plagued with mysterious medical symptoms. She continues to undergo countless labs and diagnostic testing, but her medical team has not yet been able to determine a diagnosis, cause or treatment plan.

Ginger began undergoing a series of unexplained symptoms. The first being abrupt vision changes - which she laughed off to possibly getting older and finally needing reading glasses only to find that was not the issue at all. As her vision issues worsened, she found herself riddled with unexplained bruises accumulating each day throughout her body. She wound up back in urgent care and the ER again. Blood work came back normal! The doctor suspected it could possibly have been a heart issue and ordered a 48-hr holter monitor and a stress test. Ginger waited 2 long weeks for the results and still no relief or answers! 

With the concern of not being able to see clearly she began to have her older son ride with her as she brought her daughter to physical therapy.  At the end of one of Maggie's appointments Ginger was again so sick that she found herself back in the ER. Again more tests came back normal except for the CT, which showed an 8 mm lesion on her frontal lobe if her brain. The doctors did not seem too concerned by this and told her to keep the appointment for the heart tests (which all came back normal). Each day it seemed new symptoms presented themselves coming in waves getting worse each time. With the primary concern being dizzy, trailing vision and lightheadedness. Shortly after came the difficulty walking and loss of balance. Followed by trouble with her speech and hearing, increased weakness and even collapsing in the kitchen. Next came heart palpitations, memory loss, loss of appetite and energy - so far Ginger has lost nearly 25 lbs in just about 7 weeks and continues to get weaker. All these issues drove her into a deep depression feeling like she will never get any answers. She is now on medication to control the symptoms of possible seizures - which makes her feel drugged and she is now unable to drive or work at all.

With the ever growing doctor bills and daily living challenges piling up she is even more worried her husband will feel the stress again, which will affect his weakened heart. At this point Ginger is only able to tolerate being on her feet up to 2 hours at a time. Allowing others to see her like this is extremely difficult and even more so asking for help with the piling debt until she is able to return to work.

Ginger continues to pray she will be able to afford to go to Mayo to find her answers and begin the healing process.

How the money will be used:
The funds will help pay for Tony, Ginger and Maggie's medical bills, groceries, overdue utility and house payments.  Please consider helping in anyway you can. Any donation is graciously appreciated and all prayers are gladly accepted.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

  • Kyle Dalen  
    • $6 
    • 56 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $5,000 (Offline)
    • 59 mos
  • Raj Alexander 
    • $100 
    • 59 mos
  • Dennis and Lisa Hildebrandt 
    • $20 
    • 59 mos
  • Cory Parkos 
    • $100 
    • 59 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Lisa Nordstrom Entleutner 
Champlin, MN
Tony Gese 

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help.

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee