Wednesday January 10th, Gary collapsed on the floor of his home in Calhan, CO. He was taken via helicopter to St. Francis Medical Center in Colorado Springs, where he remains in stable, but critical condition in the ICU.
He was initially diagnosed with septic shock and acute kidney failure; in the last four days it has been determined those conditons were caused by pneumonia (lung infection) and a bacterial blood infection as well. He is receiving treatment, but to date remains unresponsive. His prognosis at this time is unclear. His doctors have advised a “wait and see” approach.
We will update this page daily as we learn more and progress through this emergency situation.
This fund has been started to give Gary and Karen’s friends and family the opportunity to extend support and if desired, financial aid for the insurmountable expenses they are now facing.
Karen is currently unable to work either of her two jobs, as she’s splitting her time between sitting at Gary’s bedside and taking care of their beloved dog, cats, horses and chickens.