Those of you who know me, are aware that I am a strong advocate for strong UN-civil society relations, active involvement with the Sustainable Development Goals, and post-conflict reconstruction.
It's because of these passions that I joined with friends and started "Heketi." It's a brand-new platform for socially-conscious artists, literary and visual alike, to promote overlooked community issues, tell the stories of people who deserve to be heard, and the take action on the Sustainable Development Goals.
This purpose of this campaign is to fundraise to attend the One Young World Summit, the largest global gathering for young leaders. Attendance at this event will be used to build the connections necessary to ensure Heketi's successful launch. This perfect exposure is evidenced in how 91% of previous OWY Summit attendees said the Summit offered unrivaled opportunities to make connections, while 74% stated they formed connections at Summits that led to inter-organizational collaborations.
Heketi's mission is to:
- Create a platform to teach others about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through art, both written and visual. Pieces will be accompanied by factual information on each one of the Goals.
- Bring art to underserved communities, including migrants and refugees. This will be done by motivating them to tell their stories, and have their voices heard by the international community.
- Take Action on at least one of the topics discussed in a given month, and start with a focus on assistance at the local level.
- Organize workshops and presentations where members can teach their local communities about the SDGs, and talk about how their artistic work relates them.
For more information on the organization, please take a look at the website below:
The purpose of this campaign is to gather $4700 dollars by September 15, since the event is between October 17th and 20th. Please find details regarding One Young World costs here (prices are in Pounds Sterling. American Dollar prices are significantly higher.)
This fundraiser will cover: airport and hotel transfers; full catering; accommodation, and access to the Summit.
The focus of One Young World is to gather young leaders from around the world, empowering them to make lasting connections to create positive change. At the Summit, delegates debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces.
Please find more information on the Summit here:
- Between $1 and $99: Customized thank you email and GoFundMe shoutout
- Between $100 and $149: Thank you email, GoFundMe shoutout, and gift from the One Young World Summit in the Netherlands
- $150 and $199: All of the above perks, a shoutout on the organization website, and mention (with the name of your choice) on my Summit shirt,
- $200 and up: All of the previously mentioned perks, and a customized art piece of your choice! If you would like to see examples of my work, please reach out!
- Yvette de Fernandez
- Margarita Minino
- Vishnu Dhanpaul
- Joseph Sehwani
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more