As many of you know, Mike Mottola is undergoing cancer treatment at Boston Medical Center. His medical team has indicated that he has an aggressive form of lymphoma, a cancer that begins in the cells of the immune system and spreads to the blood and bone marrow, and is best treated through a strong combination of chemotherapy. Mike has already started treatment and will continue with chemotherapy for at least the next three months. The news is shocking, but we all know Mike for his strong will and resiliency. He's going to approach this battle like it's club championship weekend at Merrimack Valley Golf Club and completely dominate it.
This page has been established as a means to support Mike and his family with the costly medical expenses they will incur during this difficult time. The last thing Mike should have to worry about is the financial impact of his treatments, so let’s do our part in helping Mike’s fight by making a donation.
So what makes Mike such a special guy?
- He has a mane of chest hair that would make Austin Powers feel insecure.
- The famous Mike Mottola red face from laughing so hard was a fixture at Saint Anselm College and could also serve as a source of lighting for his dorm room.
- Mike can always make people laugh and has a gifted talent to give you a hard time.
- Mike can also laugh at himself, as good as his ability to make a joke is his ability to take one.
- His calves are the inspiration for many of Michelangelo's finest sculptures.
- He enjoys yelling out to people in British accents for no apparent reason.
- He's made 22 trades in his Fantasy Football League over the last 2 seasons.
- He has a quick-witted comment for literally everything. I mean, when is the last time you left Mike Mottola speechless?
- If he catches the basketball beyond the 3-point line (even triple teamed), you better believe he's jacking it.
- Have you ever heard a Mike Mottola freestyle rap?
- He puts Frank’s Red Hot on his pasta. He puts that stuff on everything.
- He refers to a three pound chihuahua as his daughter.
- He’ll try anything three times before he decides he doesn’t like it.
- He keeps the toilet paper well stocked in his apartment.
- He values his friends and family and won’t hesitate to tell you that he cares about you.
There is no doubt that Mike will fight hard to overcome this illness, but there is a lot we can do to help him win this battle. His recovery will require a multitude of treatments, prescriptions, doctors visits, surgeries, and time. Mike is giving it his all to fight this battle, so lets do our part in helping him get through it.
**After making a donation, please SHARE this page on Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #HelpMikeFight
For more information please “Like” the Facebook Page "MikeysGotThis" and look for continued updates from friends and family https://www.facebook.com/mikeysgotthis
DonationsSee top donations
- Alice Regan
- Michael Daly
- Craig Mckenzie
- Daniel O'Regan
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more