Our 53 year old mother had a brain stoke due to a clot in her vertebral artery (located at the base of the brain, extremely difficult to get to) and effected her pons and left temporal lobe. After a week of no improvement and doctors then explaining the brain stroke has now extended. Meaning that the brain stroke, when first happening, was just a part of the brain stem and now it appears that the whole brain stem is affected. They explained to us girls that we need to decide if we want her on life support for the rest of her life or if we wanted to find other arrangements. Of course we asked a ton of questions the most important one ,” what is her quality of life?” The doctors response was,” there is none, she would have no purpose.” Our mother would NEVER want to live in a vegetative state. Before making any decisions we got a third (outside) opinion. We contacted the top neurologist in kerrville and asked him to review the case. With less than an hour he calls back confirming Peterson is right there is nothing he can do or recommend. So we have decided to move Mom home today so she will be in her own home that she worked so hard on and let her be comfortable. Doctors are expecting her to pass in 2-3 days from today. With all that being said my Lord, my sisters’ Lord, MY MOM’S LORD does miracles everyday to glorify His name. The doctors, the worldly physicians do not have the last say. If this is God’s will to use my moms condition as a miracle He will if He doesn’t then we are gonna have one beautiful angel with really big wings. Our mother did not have short term or long term disability through her job. We are needing to pay for medical cost that include a week of care in the hospital, numerous tests, medications, monthly bills, any debts our mom owes, and final arrangements. Thank you to each one of you that helps us with this for this was so unexpected and truly devestating to our family.