The site is sitting at around 90% completion. The heavy lifting is done, the jumps and the geometry is completed and now we need you to help push us past the finish line. The money is not to fund a hypothetical build for the future but instead to finish something tangible that is currently there and ALMOST ready to go! We need the MTB and Dirt Jumper communities to step up and help fund this project, help us go past the goal needed so we can finish the project and open it for everyone to enjoy. We hope you have as much fun riding this, as we had fun building it.
- Kickoff Date: April 19, 2023
- Jumps Completion: June 22, 2023
- Hours of Labor: Approx. 600
- 80+ truckloads of dirt (500 tons)
- Approximately 300 gallons of diesel
- 3 Lines, Beginner, Intermediate and PRO
- New Access Road Length: 900 feet
- Trail length retained: 1/8 mile (Shuttle Lanes)
- Jump line lengths added: 600 feet
- Expenditures to Date: $7,500
- Funds needed to complete Phase 1: $1,500
- Finalize Take-Off and Landing
- Install fences and signage.
- Rock-armoring of vertical walls.
- Spray Soil-Tac on all surfaces.
- Site cleanup and polishing, removal of stones.
- Paint fence and take off ramp in a uniform color (possibly branded sponsor logo)
- Side Access ramp for people who arrive carrying coolers, backpacks, etc
- Trim low-hanging branches and remove dead vines from trees.
- Final cleanup to remove materials that will damage mowers and trimmers in the future.
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO UPLOAD, featuring all the builders who took part in the build from the very beginning including the Heavy Hitterz Crew, Dusty Mason from The Shred Academy and the Trail Crew from Amelia Trail Builders Club.
Are you ready to make a difference? I am raising money to build a Jumps and Skills area at Amelia Earhart MTB Trails and every donation will make an impact as we try to reach our goal.
We have partnered with The Shred Academy to build multiple progressive jump lines from beginner to intermediate and advanced, suitable for kids and adults, and to allow for gradual skills improvement. This skills area will help new and experienced riders build confidence that they can take out on the trails. Features will include a tree covered launch area with an elevated deck, rest areas, multiple points of entry and exit, an access point for cross-country riders that want to incorporate some jumping into their lap. We will also have a drops area ranging from baby drops to full on Moab, Utah gap drops a-la Red Bull Rampage. Additionally a tree covered section will host a teeter-totter, wood skinnies as well as a bike repair station.
Amelia Trail Builders Club Inc: The purpose of ATBC is to raise awareness and promote the growth of the volunteer group that builds and maintains the mountain bike trails at Amelia Earhart Park which is a Miami-Dade County park in the City of Opa Locka, FL. Additionally, Amelia Trail Builders Club, Inc's goal is to solicit donations, raise money and manage donated funds.