**Thank you so much for all your support - we have decided to stop accepting donations as restrictions have begun to lift.**
Fuel the Fight is an organized effort to help both our NHS workers and our favorite independent restaurants.
NHS workers are understaffed, separated from loved ones, exhausted and hungry, these warriors are fighting every hour of every day to save our loved ones and keep the rest of us safe. Restaurant owners and employees are also severely affected by this pandemic.
100% of the money raised will be used to buy meals from London restaurants who are reeling from the coronavirus and feed our healthcare workers who are on the front-lines battling this pandemic.
We will endeavor to feed between 25 and 100 NHS workers per food delivery. Every pound is being injected back into the London restaurant industry in order to support our small businesses and show appreciation to our friends, family, neighbors, and fellow Londoners on the front lines.
We are providing food to departments within Royal Hospital London, St. Charles' Hospital, Royal London Hospital and St. Thomas' Hospital. We are hoping to more make deliveries at more hospitals across the city - if you know anyone at other hospitals, please let us know.
We will remotely withdraw and transfer the money to buy the meals from local restaurants, who are responsible for delivery, in order to feed workers in our local hospitals. Every pound spent and every receipt is accounted for by Fuel the Fight - London.
We’ve all seen the recent headlines about different athletes, celebrities, businesses and others stepping up to help feed families, school children, and many essential workers and it's that positive energy and human spirit we need to continue to push forward.
We were thinking of how we could step up and after watching an incredible video going viral of a group of apartments surrounding a hospital applauding and cheering as the Doctors, Nurses and other hospital workers finished their shift, we came up with a plan: Fuel the Fight London. Fuel the Fight was started in Philadelphia in the US and because of its success, we started a London campaign.
So while you may not have a million to donate, you’re likely asking yourself “How can I help?”
How does it work?
1. We partner with local restaurants that are struggling to survive in order to provide local hospitals with cooked meals, at full price.
2. We remotely withdraw 100% of donations raised on our GoFundMe platform to buy meals from local restaurants who then deliver their goods to our healthcare heroes. Zero overhead.
3. We endeavor to feed between 25 and 100 NHS workers per food delivery from as many different restaurants as possible with a potential to roll-out to other UK cities.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Donate if you can - anything helps!
2. Share our campaign.
2. Do your part and stay inside. Support our #NHSheroes.
Thank you for your consideration and support!
- John Livingstone-Learmonth
- Lauren D’Mello
- Angela Castelino