- We will build a proper waste management facility where we can deliver waste collected from Waisai and surrounding islands.
- We will construct a barge for collections throughout the surrounding islands. We will create scheduled collections for certain villages. The barge will carry a compactor to maximize the amount of waste that can be collected.
- We will employ local people to run our facility and barge, creating employment in the area.
- We will work with community leaders and organizations to help spread our message.
- We will educate the population on plastic waste and how it negatively affects their health and the environment.
- We will start a community compost program for organic waste collection and disposal within the area.
One Hundred percent (100%!) of funds raised will go directly to Friendly Drifter in order to achieve these goals. All other on-going expenses have been, and will continue to be covered privately.
Follow the Friendly Drifter blog for updates on progress as it is made. Notifications on updates will be announced through social media channels. Please join in this effort to protect the most marine bio-diverse area on the planet. For more information please visit www.friendlydrifter.com.
- Robert Rose
- Chad Clifford
- Greg Howden
- Chris & Ana Drinovz
- G&G Pennington
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more