We all know the risks jockeys take, and we all know they know the risks. But when one gets badly hurt those of us who love the game, bet on the game, need the game, have the opportunity to come together and say: "You know what? We can help this person."
Freddy Tylicki is going to need loads of help.
After a fall at Kempton, the latest news on Freddy is this: "His surgical team have confirmed that Freddy has a T7 paralysis, which means he has movement in the upper half of his body but not his lower."
I was at Chantilly when Freddy recently won his second Group 1 on Speedy Morning. The joy on his face that day was infectious.
Freddy will get great assistance from the brilliant Injured Jockeys' Fund. But just think what happiness we would all get by delivering a fat cheque to him.
Let's do what we can to help ease Freddy's tough journey ahead.
And trust me people the amount you donate doesn't matter. If just a third of my Twitter followers gave £1 I'd be handing a cheque to Freddy's family of £20k.
PS: Please retweet on Twitter and share on Facebook whether you donate or not.
Gofunme have asked me to answer these questions:
1. Who you are. TV presenter Matt Chapman
2. Where you're from: London
3. Your relationship to the parties you're raising funds for: Friend.
4. How the funds will be spent (be specific as possible): The funds will be paid direct to Freddy via his Charitable Fund and Injured Jockeys' Fund
5. How you intend to get the funds to those in need: A cheque will be sent to the Injured Jockeys' Fund.