Since 1984, The Fountain Valley Rotary Club has been actively engaged in helping our community through our many projects. In recent years we have raised funds to support these projects through our annual Ed Arnold Volunteer of the Year Service Awards Banquet. Due to COVID – 19, we were unable to host this event in 2020. For this reason, we have decided to conduct a Go Fund Me to raise $10,000 so we can continue our efforts to help our community both locally and globally. Your gracious contributions will be used to support the following projects, together with any future projects our Board of Directors may decide to undertake.
1. Most Improved Student – A monthly recognition of local middle school and high school students in our community who have turned their grades around and are excelling academically.
2. Teacher of the Year Recognition – This project provides gift cards to one outstanding teacher from each school in the Fountain Valley School District at the end of the school year.
3. Donations to Robyne’s Nest – We do several projects each year to help disadvantaged students including providing canned food and school supplies.
4. Books for Rwanda – We are collecting surplus textbooks from the Fountain Valley School district and shipping them to Rwanda for both schools and a brand new library that was just built. We are partnering with a Rotary Club in Rwanda to execute this program.
5. Enrichment books for "I Can Fly" – We will be purchasing and shipping enrichment books to Kenya for "I Can Fly" which is an organization that rescues girls from being sold as child brides and being subjected to female genital mutilation. They house, feed and educate these girls so they can lead productive lives.
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to the Fountain Valley Rotary Charitable Association, a 501 © 3 entity. We thank you for your past and continued support.
- Connie Wadsley
- Nadia Mugisha
- Paige Brue
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more