Sher Vancouver is a social, cultural, and support non-profit organization for LGBTQ South Asians and their friends and families. Everyone is welcome in Sher.
Sher aims to reduce the alienation, isolation, loneliness, depression, and suicidal ideation of our members.
Many people who have nowhere else to turn and are in desperate situations turn to Sher Vancouver for support and assistance.The Sher Vancouver Annual Fund supports our core and critical programs and services such as:
1. Youth Peer Support Group
2. Women's Peer Support Group (Trans People are Welcome)
3. Men's Peer Support Group (Trans People are Welcome)
3. Crisis Counselling Program
4. Youth Leadership Scholarship
5. Documentary on Transgender Women of Colour Issues
6. Emergency Fund for Immigrants and Refugees
7. Summer and Christmas Social Connections Gathering
Sher Vancouver celebrated our 10th anniversary in April 2018.
Check out our You Tube video above which is only 6 minutes and 21 seconds long to learn about some of our highlights as an organization over the last decade.
For more information on Sher Vancouver check out our website at http://www.shervancouver.com/
Please donate whatever you can. Every little bit helps. We are grateful for your support. Thank you.
Registered Clinical Social Worker
Founder of Sher Vancouver
Recipient of the Meritorious Service Medal (MSM) from the Governor General of Canada for Human Rights AdvocacySher Founder Alex Sangha (left) with Sher Vice President Kayden Bhangu (centre) and Sher Director Josh Soronow (right).