At least 15 families have lost their homes, which collapsed with the catastrophe. There are more than 55 homes affected with water, mud and debris that the river brought. So far there have been 2 deaths confirmed, a 12-year-old child and an adult.
The rain continues and will not stop for at least the next few days, so people in Tiquipaya are in a state of emergency and they need your help to rebuild their lives.
All the money will go to help people who have lost everything to rebuild their houses and will be administered by Global Shapers Cochabamba.
Global Shapers Cochabamba is a diverse group of 29 local young leaders with a shared passion to collaborate for local impact. We believe that by acting with integrity in the service of our local community, we will improve the state of the world. In the face of this tragedy, we are working hard to help the people of Tiquipaya in any way possible to overcome this disaster.
Your donation will be used in the short term to:
• Purchase emergency supplies for displaced and affected families like food, water, hygiene products, bedding
• Purchase materials to assist the work parties in their rescue efforts
• Purchase food for emergency services teams and volunteers who are working 24/7 to contain the damage and rebuild the town
As the situation stabilizes, we will be working on a long-term plan to assist the town of Tiquipaya to rebuild. So any remaining funds will be used to:
• Assist families in rebuilding their homes
• Assist families in refurnishing their homes and purchasing furniture and other necessary household items
• Assist the town of Tiquipaya in rebuilding the damaged infrastructure ￼￼￼
- Catherine Thornhill
- David Towell
- Molly Ganley
- Sonia Heinrich
- Bob Steere
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more