The bad news: His home and his neighborhood were completely destroyed. Paul left with the clothes on his back, and that's about it. Paul considers himself among the lucky, and has even contributed to the Santa Rosa Teachers Association Member Support Fund.
Many have asked how they can help. It took a little arm twisting, but Paul has reluctantly agreed to let us set up this account on his behalf. He'll accept the donations, and, as expected, he said, "If I don't need it, I will find those who do."
Insurance takes time. Cash goes quickly. Immediate help is needed by many.
Paul touched many lives at Spring View and Marina, and I can't imagine the impact he is having on the lives of the kids he's teaching.
Let's step up and help him. And let's help him to help others, as we know he'll do. I've set a modest $1,000 goal for this campaign, but I expect that we can blow past this goal in short order.
Paul is posting updates on Facebook. Search for him and you'll find him.
I'm including the following information to get this campaign approved ASAP.
1. Who you are: Bryan Hinkle
2. Where you're from: Scotts Valley, California
3. Your relationship to the parties you're raising funds for: Friend since elementary school
4. How the funds will be spent (be specific as possible): to provide immediate financial assistance to the Fleischer family
5. Your withdrawal plan to get the funds from the campaign to the ultimate beneficiary/ies: Paul has been given direct access to these funds via GoFundMe's beneficiary tools
DonationsSee top donations
- Robert Mcmillan
- Jenny Gwynne
- Glenn/Patsy Carey
- Mabel, Zoe & Bryan Kitch
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more