A message from the First Congregational Church of Oakland
We hear you and appreciate the desire to bring your special events, concerts, conferences, rehearsals, actions, organizing and community focused happenings back to First Congo! And as much as we want to partner with you in hosting them on our campus, we have some reopening challenges and really need your help to do so.
During the COVID closure, we had a major plumbing failure - a set of pipes burst and were damaged, leaving half of the campus without working restrooms. Because those pipes are sealed in concrete, the cost of repair has been beyond our post-COVID means. But we have been reminded that we have many friends, family and partners that love First Congo and would be willing to help if they knew we were in need!
So, we are sharing our need, asking for your assistance in raising the funds necessary to make repairs so that we can reopen our campus and restore its vital service as a community and event center.
Help us help you!
Before we can accommodate such events, we need to raise $25,000 to make plumbing repairs so that we can provide working, accessible restrooms in the south wing of the FCCO campus. These are essential accommodations for any gathering.
We believe that radical generosity can transform the world! So on this Giving Tuesday, we are launching a GoFundMe campaign to affect such repairs and fully reopen the First Congregational Church of Oakland campus. We need YOUR help to restore our site for community use. Please spread some kindness with a tax-deductible donation* to our cause.
Helping us benefits you too!
To show our appreciation to our donors, we’re rewarding generous giving with deep discounts on rental pricing* to help facilitate your special event. We have designated five giving tiers with proportional discounts. The more you can give, the better discount you will receive:
• A donation of $1500 or more provides the giver to booking an event at a 75% discount.
• A donation of $1000 or more entitles the giver to booking an event at a 60% discount.
• A donation of $500 or more entitles the giver to booking an event at a 30% discount.
• A donation of $250 or more entitles the giver to booking an event at a 20% discount.
• A donation of $100 or more entitles the giver to booking an event at a 10% discount.
Donations of less than $100 are deeply appreciated and accepted. Any amount helps contribute toward our goal!
Thank you for your generosity, your gifts and for being part of the FCCO community!
2501 Harrison Street, Oakland, CA 94612
* The amount of the contribution that is deductible for federal income tax purposes is limited to the excess of any money contributed by the donor over the fair market value of goods or services provided by the charity. (For example, if a donor gives a charity $100 and receives a concert ticket valued at $40, the donor has made a quid pro quo contribution. In this example, the charitable contribution part of the payment is $60.)
* A schedule of our rental rates is available HERE.
* The special event discount applies solely to the price of the facility rental and does not apply to event staff, sound tech, rental of AV equipment, etc. Discounts are available to donors for single events booked after the campus has officially reopened.
DonationsSee top donations
- Steve Lovelace
- Marcia Lovelace
- Ellen Brotsky
- Kate Gilbert
Fundraising team (3)
Raised $465 from 5 donations
First Congregational Church of Oakland
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.
Raised $150 from 5 donations
Raised $25 from 1 donation