Help Rangjung Yeshe Ukraine community in building the first Buddhist temple in Ukraine, that will serve as a place of study, meditation, and cultivating wisdom. WHAT IS OUR FINAL AIM?
Construction of a fully functional retreat complex where traditional three-year retreats will take place under the direction of our teacher, Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche, and uphold the commitment to support the international Buddhist community of Rangjung Yeshe.To serve as a suitable place for spiritual practice, financially accessible for all:
- For those interested in Buddhist philosophy and scriptures
- For individual and group meditation sessions
- For fellow Buddhist CommunitiesThe future temple will be built on the basement of an old dining hall left over from the former Soviet recreation camp. The grounds, located only one hour from Kyiv by road, are surrounded by splendid forested nature, including river and lake.
Now there is an old dining hall left over from the recreation camp. It is in need of a major repair and renovation. By June 2018
, we need to build the temple. Using the existing foundation, upper floors will be constructed. In June 2018, our teacher, Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche, will arrive. We plan on holding a teaching seminar in the new temple.
DECIDING TO AID IN THE BUILDING OF THE TEMPLE:
- You will be a co-founder of an authentic Buddhist temple dedicated to traditional spiritual practice.
- You will help in creating a place for group and individual retreats, including the monastic education of Buddhist teachers, i.e. Lamas in Ukraine.
- You will be promoting the spread of Buddhist wisdom, bringing happiness to those who wish to learn.
- You will gather merit and create auspicious conditions for your future.
"By helping build this Temple, you will bring benefit not only to the Buddhist community of Ukraine, but to all beings. This retreat center, belonging to us all, will soon become one of the world’s greatest." — OUR TEACHER, Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche
We also plan to open:
- a vegetarian cafe
- a Yoga hall to accommodate 300 practitioners
- an Ayurvedic clinic to accommodate 15 patientsOUR COMMUNITY
Around 500 people from Kyiv, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Lviv, Dnipro, Poltava, Uzhhorod, Kherson, Kryvyi Rih, Melitopol, Sevastopol. 108 registered members. We study Buddhist philosophy and practice meditation for cultivating wisdom.
We will build the wall of the temple with the bricks bought by our sponsors. Each brick will have on it the engraved name of the sponsor, who donated $1000 USD or more.
"Anyone can authentically study the teachings of Sutra and Tantra at our Gomde centers, and put into practice the view, meditation and conduct of the three vehicles of Buddhism. I have sincere aspirations that in the future the Gomde centers will become great Dharma seats, from which countless learned and accomplished beings will emerge."— OUR TEACHER, Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche