October 19, 2019
As always, let me start with a heart-felt thank you to all who have helped make this such an unbelievable success for so many years – you have truly touched my heart with your generous spirits to help our community!
With that said, this is a little different letter as God has been tugging at my heart (& hard head) for the past few years that perhaps this has become more about me than His children we are trying to help. Therefore, unless He sends someone with a new passion to lead this ministry outreach, this Thanksgiving will be our final Holiday Distribution.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 states “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:”
It has to be acknowledged that many lives have been changed through the faithful & glorious leadership of Carolyn Spencer along with Gwen Smith & First Born Holy Church. As is the course of life, this is changing for them as well as their lives, health & families have left them in a similar position of finding new leaders for their ministry.
SO, if you are led to lead, now is your chance. We all would love to mentor anyone interested in helping steward God’s wishes through this ministry. Just reach out to me to have a conversation.
Please realize this is not the end, but a way to open the door to new opportunities at God’s prompting. I don’t know what this looks like but I have faith that He has a plan!
Thus, with God’s Grace & Blessings (& YOUR help!), the Thanksgiving food distribution this year is scheduled for:
Saturday, November 23, 2019 – 7:45 a.m. – 12 noon
Please know that your assistance in ALL areas (Prayer, Volunteering & Financial!) is NEEDED again this year. We are depending on each of you to help make this a success! Please feel free to call me with any questions or concerns at (252) 531-7551 or email me at email@example.com .
Again, THANK YOU & we are still looking forward to working with you to help our neighbors in need!
Equipment Plus Total Facility Solutions
DIRECTIONS to First Born Community Development Center (FBCDC)
Travel Hwy 33 West into Grimesland. Turn left onto Chicod Street / Black Jack Grimesland Road for about 3/4 miles. FBCDC will be on your right.
Travel Hwy 33 East into Grimesland. Turn right on Chicod Street / Black Jack Grimesland Road and travel for about 3/4 miles. FBCDC will be on your right.
READ BELOW FOR MORE INFO!!!
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Please make all checks to "First Born" so your donation will be tax- deductible & designate for "Holiday Distribution" on memo line. Mail to:
First Born Food Distribution
c/o Equipment Plus TFS
3530 Diamond Drive
Greenville NC 27834
2) Receipts will be mailed as soon as possible following the first of the year for tax purposes. Please provide your full address if donating online so we can send your receipt via mail.
3) We will start at 7:45 a.m. - expect to distribute until approximately 11 a.m. A few volunteers (6-8) will be needed for the final cleanup until approximately 12:30.
4) BRING a wagon or hand cart if possible as this will help in carrying multiple boxes.
5) Wear work gloves, warm clothing (especially if you want to help in the trailer!), comfortable shoes, and a SMILE!!!
6) First Born will have opportunities to assist in other ministry areas such as their Clothes Closet, Thrift Shop, Kids Activities, etc. - come & share your talents!
7) Bojangles Biscuits, Krispy Kreme donuts, GK Café coffee & water have been generously donated.
8) Please park as directed in the lot across the street from the Church.
9) Share this info with your friends, family co-workers and strangers!! Like and share our Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FirstBornGrimeslandNC
10) Pray for blessings upon this event!
"The King will reply, 'What I'm about to tell you is true.
Anything you did for one of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'