The fire was put out quickly but the damage to Summer and Tyler's apartment from smoke and water is catastrophic. They have lost almost everything overnight. In addition, Tyler found out he lost his job early last week just before he sat to take the Texas bar exam. They have two small boys and nothing to their names. We're trying to raise money for their immediate needs: clothes, food, diapers, and a place to stay. They have been helped out tremendously by their LDS ward family and her parents (my sister and brother-in-law) are on their way to Dallas to help recover whatever they can. They did have renters insurance, so this gofundme campaign will help cover immediate costs until they can find a new place to live and start the long process of replacing everything. Anything helps. Thank you!
Her nicely folded towels and the magnets on the stove make me cry. What a heartbreaking day for their whole family.
- Alex and Cortney Smart
- Michelle Wright
- Ann Terry
- Lorrie Mortley
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more