He ran inside an awoke his roommate and they both left the premises unharmed. Firefighters battled the three-alarm fire which erupted at 1216 Halsey St. — an occupied three-story house — around 6:15 a.m., according to the FDNY. They were still struggling to get the fire under control at 8:20 a.m. at which time no injuries had been reported, thankfully.
However, Evan and his roommate are now left homeless and most of their belongings are now ash. Please consider donating - every little bit helps - and if you can't donate, please share. If you're in Brooklyn, there will be a fundraising party at Old Stanley's Bar next Thursday, November 2.
FYI - I'm Meghann Wright, an old friend of Evan's and I created this campaign because Evan and his roommate will need to purchase clothes, toiletries, groceries, electronics, furniture and all of the other essentials needed for a home, not to mention they will need to find a brand new place to live. Moving in NY is tough enough and they will need to come up with first, last and security deposit. The funds you help raise will get them housed and back to normalcy.
Thank you so much for helping these guys!
DonationsSee top donations
- Jake McCormick
- Saundra Avalos
- Jimmy Duff
- Mary-Majella O’Connor
- Veronica Barrios
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more