While cooking food, a grease fire broke out and because of making it in to the attic, spread very quickly. Rick was taken to the Alabama Burn Unit for smoke inhalation, and was released last night. Thank God, no one was seriously harmed in the fire that ripped through their home.
The management and staff of my mother's work (Sam's Club - thank you!) graciously supplied my mother with some gas to make the drive to Birmingham to get Rick, as well as a place to stay for the week and provided both Rick and my mother some clothes and pjs.
They have lost everything. We are hoping these funds will help to get them on their feet while they try to put the pieces of their life back together. Please help with whatever you can afford to give. Carola Stotts will be the immediate beneficiary. It will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
- Gwen Ouellette
- Marc Rinehart
- Diana Lee
- Marilee Sillin
- The Steffl
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more