Fire destroys the Stotts home

On September 3, 2017, the home where Rick and Carola Stotts lived, burned down.  The entire interior and all of their belongings destroyed by fire yesterday. Everything that they worked so hard for, all of their memorabilia over their lifetime, is gone!

While cooking food, a grease fire broke out and because of making it in to the attic, spread very quickly. Rick was taken to the Alabama Burn Unit for smoke inhalation, and was released last night. Thank God, no one was seriously harmed in the fire that ripped through their home.

The management and staff of my mother's work (Sam's Club - thank you!) graciously supplied my mother with some gas to make the drive to Birmingham to get Rick, as well as a place to stay for the week and provided both Rick and my mother some clothes and pjs.

They have lost everything. We are hoping these funds will help to get them on their feet while they try to put the pieces of their life back together. Please help with whatever you can afford to give. Carola Stotts will be the immediate beneficiary. It will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Donations

 See top
  • Gwen Ouellette 
    • $50 
    • 41 mos
  • Marc Rinehart 
    • $60 
    • 41 mos
  • Diana Lee 
    • $100 
    • 41 mos
  • Marilee Sillin 
    • $40 
    • 41 mos
  • The Steffl 
    • $50 
    • 41 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Ashlee Abston 
Organizer
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Carola Stotts 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more