Anesha "Duffy" Murnane is missing.
On October 17 at 12:13 pm, Duffy Murnane left her apartment in Homer, Alaska and headed for a 1:00 pm medical appointment 1 mile away but never arrived.
We believe that she may be in danger. We are searching everywhere as quickly as we can to find her, but…We need help.FIRST
and most importantly, we need information leads
. Did you see or hear anything? We are running out of leads quickly and are desperate for more. IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL:
Homer Police Department - 907-235 - 3150
Silver Alert Hotline - 855-745-8799
Case #: 2019.10.19_2019-5110
Duffy is 38
Weight: 160 lbs
Height: 6 feet
Last seen wearing a blue jacket, light blue shirt and blue jeans.(More information about the ongoing search is detailed below)
, we could use money
to help keep pushing information out further into both the real and digital worlds.
We don’t have a total estimate of costs. This situation is taking shape every minute of every day and this GoFundMe is a way to center attention and focus resources.
Right now, financial contributions will go to:
Flyer printing and distribution
Local newspaper ads
Search party resources (bottled water, sandwiches, etc)There are other ways to help search for Duffy!
Please share our GoFundMe page with everyone you can!
You can download our Missing Persons flyer and post it everywhere you can.MISSING Flyer - PDF MISSING Flyer - JPG
Digital: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tik Tok, Linkedin, etc.Informational Videos that can be shared:
YouTube 15 second notification video-https://youtu.be/4ULM84aKabs
YouTube 30 second notification video-https://youtu.be/dnScGKB_YUM INSTAGRAM
15 second notification video:https://www.instagram.com/p/B4O8b5mD_pX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link INSTAGRAM
30 second notification video:https://www.instagram.com/p/B4O77OPjcg4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
If you have decided to help, share, or contribute, thank you so much.
We will begin to use the money immediately. This situation is dire and time is paramount. Thank you for visiting our page and THANK YOU for helping us find Duffy.
------ Things we know for sure ------(from a FB post by Tela O'donnell)
Duffy left her residence at 12:13pm, Video picture of her in her light blue coat walking down the driveway. Main Street ~ Homer, Alaska Duffy was heading to a Dr appointment at 1:00pm, at SVT on Pioneer. She did not make this appointment.Duffy was is in a solid state of mind, as evidenced by her conversations with community members the night before at the Pratt Museum event ~ Also, her Residential Counselor that morning. The police search results left little doubt that she was picked by someone with a vehicle.
Things her Family, Friends and Professional agree on:
She is not a risk taker.
She would not leave willingly without communicating to her parents or counselors. She does not have a boyfriend or social group.
She was looking forward to her November plans.
She likes being home where she is safe.She is not a danger to herself.
She goes from safe point A to safe point B.
Here are some other “tips” that have been brought to the family’s attention by a world renowned psychic.
Take what you want from this, however, we have no other leads
They believe there is a person involved with a T name. She is in a cabin. She is near a river or In a town/street with River in the name. There is a large dog with her.
------ Timeline of Events ------Thursday, Oct 17, 2019, 12:13 pm
- Duffy is seen leaving her apartment on Main Street.Friday, Oct 18, 2019, 7:10 pm
- The Homer Police Issue a SILVER ALERT while searching the area by air and foot.
Agency: Homer Police Department
Hotline: 855-SILVR99 - (855-745-8799)
Case #: 2019.10.19_2019-5110Saturday, Oct 19, 2019
- Maritime Helicopters conducts a 'low search'. More ground searches are conducted.Sunday, Oct 20, 2019
- Police end ground search after multiple teams conduct thorough ground searches in and around Duffy's residence at Main Tree Assisted Living and far beyond with no new leads.
Monday, Oct 21, 2019
- Police exhaust all leads and officially end all ground search efforts.
After multiple K9 searches end in the same area, Police believe "based on the K9's behavior and all other circumstances," that Duffy was picked up or got into a car near the college.
The search expands state-wide.
The Anchorage FBI joins the investigation.Wednesday, Oct 23, 2019
- Homer Police release security camera image of Duffy leaving her residence on Oct 17 and ask for help from the community to collect all surveillance footage that may be available via home security camera's, RING camera's, game camera's or any other device capable of capturing images on the 17th around 12:13-12:50 from the areas of:
lower Kachemak Way
East Fairview Ave
Pioneer Avenue from Svedlund to Lake Street
They also file and serve multiple warrants for phone, banking, social media, social interest and e-commerce sites.Thursday, Oct 24, 2019
- Homer Police Department finishes reviewing the security footage that they received and have published no new leads.Friday, Oct 25, 2019
- Volunteers search door to door in neighborhoods North of Homer.Saturday, Oct 26, 2019
- Neighborhood canvas north of Homer by community volunteers.Sunday, Oct 27, 2019
- Prayer and Spiritual gathering held at Station 12.Tuesday, Oct 29, 2019
- GoFundMe started to expand search even further.
------ People attached to this GoFundMe Campaign ------
Edward Berg - Duffy's step father and the man in charge of finances for this search.
Greg Murnane - Duffy's Brother.
Josh Riley - Friend of Greg and Duffy setting up and updating this GoFundMe.