On Friday, August 30, 2019, Kyle Brittain went for a day hike in Waipi'o Valley in Honokaa, Hawaii. He left that morning, and when he didn't contact his parents later that night, family and friends began to worry.
Kyle needs your help to find him. He went on the hike alone, and it is unknown what Kyle was wearing or what supplies he brought to prepare for the hike. The car he drove was still parked in the Waipi'o Lookout parking lot the following morning, and his cellphone pings were in the vicinity.
He's a loving son, brother, nephew, cousin, uncle, and friend to many. The person behind this page is Heather Saenz (the fiancée of Kyle's brother, Sean Brittain). He is very close to his family, which includes his father - Steven Brittain, mother- Melinda Gaborno, stepmother -Lily, and brothers - Sean and Cade.
The fire department assisted with the search for the first 5 days he was missing. After those 5 days, the continued search has been supported by the community/volunteers, and funded by family, friends, and donors. Your donations will support the continued search and rescue efforts including the costs for:
* Helicopter Expenses - helicopters have been used to search as well as to transport/airdrop the rescue to teams to landing zones in the search area
* Transportation costs for Search and Rescue (SAR) volunteers - airline fares and car rentals,
* Transportation costs for SAR Dogs - trained dogs need to be flown in from outer islands (Kauai, Maui, and Oahu)
* Drone costs - transportation for professional drone operator, FLIR Drone costs, Infared Drones
* First Responder Support
* Food and Lodging costs for SAR resources
A separate bank account under Heather Saenz's name will be opened to withdraw the funds raised which will go towards the search and rescue costs. This way, all funds can be tracked and used appropriately. Any remaining funds will be used to aid in searching for lost hikers.
For updates and media coverage on the search and rescue efforts, please follow/like/share the FIND KYLE BRITTAIN Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FindKyleBrittain
Mahalo/Thank you for your outpouring of support, prayers, positive thoughts, and generosity.
**Post edited: Sept 18, 2019**
Keyword Search: missing hiker, hiker, hawaii, waipio, big island, big isle, kona, hilo