Top Surgery!

Hai! Help get Baby out of a Boobie-Corner! Asking for help is hard; I’m asking because I’m in dire need. With your help, I’ll be able to get this life-affirming surgery. My body has held me back in a lot of ways throughout life, and I’m taking big steps toward the chance to become empowered in it so I can move forward and continue healing . I’m Fig, your friendly neighborhood barista. I’ve been through a lot of transition these past few years, both job wise and internally; from teacher to after school educator, unemployed and struggling to barista. I don’t have the luxury of family help, so that’s what brings us here. I live with neurodivergence, physical disability, chronic illness and am recovering from a slew of past and ongoing traumas. I’m looking, now, for help with the physical transition process on my healing journey. Once January 1, 2020 rolls around, I’ll be insured! My new insurance will cover 70% of my top surgery costs, which is an absolute dream. I’m using this page to fundraise for the remaining 30%+ living expenses during my healing time off, as I’m a just above minimum wage worker. My consult is set for this upcoming March 4th when I’ll be given an exact price for costs, but for now I’m operating off the estimate cost given by my insurance company! As a disabled person, my heal time is often a bit longer than other folx, so I’m giving myself an estimated two weeks longer to heal enough to return to work, totaling one month. If everyone who read this were able to give $5-$10, my goal would be reached in no time. If you’re reading this, please don’t count on others to help alone; you’re part of “everyone else” and I can’t thank you enough, if you’re able to, for sharing my campaign and donating Healing time costs: Rent,bills and groceries- $800 Top surgery total estimate is $9,000 Out of pocket cost estimate: $2,700 Total estimated help needed: $3,500 Goal to account for GFM fees: $4,000

Donations

  • Yo Dawg 
    • $100 
    • 5 mos
  • Julia Rhys 
    • $15 
    • 8 mos
  • Claudia Johns 
    • $15 
    • 8 mos
  • melissa greff  
    • $20 
    • 8 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $15 
    • 8 mos

Organizer

Fig Tree 
Organizer
Chicago, IL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more