I am writing this with a deep concern for someone that many of us know and adore. Felicia Batts is in a really bad place and time in her life gang. She lives in Houston and yes her life has been turned upside down once again. This is not the first time her dear friend and our dear friend Melanie Williams has created a Go Fund for Felicia. I am writing this to help to describe in words what Felicia has been through these last few years and days;
* This is the 3rd time her house has flooded
* She lost everything the last 2 floods
* She had to close her business due to people not paying her and with the chaos in her life she did not have either the time or energy to track these people down.
* She has obviously lost everything this time from Hurricane Harvey.
* She lost her car in this flood.
* where she evacuated to ( her friends house) --- It then flooded... So she is scrambling now BIG TIME!!!!
* Her closest friends mom drown in her car due to this flood.
* She was actually suppose to close on her house TODAY 8/31/17 So she could move somewhere maybe a little safer... YES!!!!!! TODAY!!!!!!
* All her belongings were put in storage because she was suppose to be selling her house today HAS ALSO BEEN COMPLETELY FLOODED... Equipment, Furniture, Clothes, Etc... GONE!!!!!
* Her little 2 year old Nephew drown in a swimming pool last summer
* Her mom has been battling cancer
Sorry for the short list of what this poor lady has been through. If you know Felicia ,you can agree that you have met a very genuine person that would do anything for you. If you have not met her , I hope you have the pleasure of doing so one day.
I have not donated yet to the Red Cross for this disaster from Hurricane Harvey. I knew in my heart that I needed to wait, because I had a feeling that there would be a direct need that I would have to help with. Low and behold its our family member and friend Felicia. I have helped Felicia in a past Go Fund that Mel had generated, BUT I am even more inclined to donate what I can to Felicia this time. This time it is truly and amazingly desperate times for Felicia.
I don't believe I have many enemies in this business, but I am even asking those few to help Felicia, and I am asking ALL my friends and ALL the people whom I don't know, but are a part of this dental family to please do what you can to help Felicia. With that said everybody, we are all in this thing called life together, and there is no escaping that fact. Lets please pull together for Felicia and lets really give her something to help her get back on her feet. Even $25.00 would be awesome..... Even if you don't know her...... Trust me, your money is going to the right person and someone who has a beautiful heart.
Count your blessings, and you will find you have many.
All our very best.
Peace; Buzz and Melanie
I am from Rock Hill, SC and Buzz from Florida.
I am as close as sisters with Felicia, This is a cloud over her head for this last year....
All the money will be used for a vehicle of some kind, clothes, furniture, dog food, her food and everyday exspenses,